I sincerely hope there isn't an ultraportable Mac unveiled.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jack Flash, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

It will go nuts anyway because it isn't a Mac Pro in a 10" tablet/ whatever other things people want.

3. Crawn2003 macrumors 6502

Amen, just, Amen...

~Crawn

4. stekerrod macrumors regular

no matter what is released there will be some people saying it doesnt do this it hasnt got that and i aint going to get one till it does! same everytime a new product is announced from my experience!

5. Neutral Gamer macrumors 6502a

Neutral Gamer

I would literally die of laughter if instead of the new ultraportable or MacBook Air or whatever it is, they released the MacBook Sock ™.

Man I wish I'd been on the MacRumors forums when Apple announced the iPod Socks - I would love to have seen the reaction ... :D

6. BigPrince macrumors 68020

7. jackc macrumors 65816

jackc

Me too, it will make my current machine less powerful.

8. Beowulf666 macrumors regular

Beowulf666

Honestly I don't think apple CAN release a new product that will satisfy everyone on these forums. Some people want a new product while others want an upgraded/updated one. No matter what happens there will be some people who will be a little upset, but hey, thats life.

9. Josheua macrumors regular

Some people can't be happy with what they have. I personally love and will always love my current Santa Rosa Macbook Pro. It is my first Mac and has served me beyond faithfully (for 3 weeks...) All in all though, despite what comes out, I am happy. I mean what is it going to offer that mine can't do? Start word 3 milliseconds faster. Damn, I should have waited to upgrade. Those 3 milliseconds count sooo much (if you are a theoretical physicist)

-Josh :apple: :rolleyes:

10. ob81 macrumors 65816

ob81

If people want an Ultra-Portable, there is nothing like the EEE PC. Unless Apple has a great price point, AND can do things that the EEE PC can't do, like run pro apps, you have to be part retarded to care for one.

Apple's will look better though :(

11. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

I believe to get a great idea of what an Ultra Portable Apple would have in it is look at the x60-61 Lenovo (thinkpad).

12. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Yep, same b!tching and moaning, same whining and complaining, same "screw apple I'm leaving going to windoze", same "XXXXX vs Dell XXXXX" threads, you name it, damned if Apple does, and damned if they don't.

You mean that he was the actual creator of Windows and Bill Gates is just a front man filtering all that MS money to Jobs via Cayman Islands Bank?

13. aquajet macrumors 68020

Make it really nice looking, but with a Core Solo, 1gb RAM ceiling and a GMA with 32mb shared memory. I'm sure we'd all love to see that.

14. BigPrince macrumors 68020

Speak for yourself. If this thing doesn't have a secret brand new processor then its a worthless piece of ****.

/sarcasm

15. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Yep, that pretty well describes it! Good job! ;)

16. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

I'm just hoping Steve walks onto the stage with an Alien and tells us how they are partnering up to design higher forms of computing. I know their out there. :cool:

17. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

I guess the Ultra Portable is going to have Quad Core with SLi 8800 GTX 512 video cards. So I can't wait til tomorrow!

18. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

brilliant.:apple:

19. one1 macrumors 65816

I'd like to see Powerbooks and iBooks re-introduced.

Value of my MacBook would skyrocket :D

20. khunsanook macrumors 6502

khunsanook

I agree that the EEE PC is a good size, but it seems it has a very limited OS. I personally guarantee that Apple won't release any MacBook variation without a true OSX. ;) Without the ability to run their regular apps, the market will never snap it up with as much as gusto. I have half a dozen traveling photojournalist friends who refuse to let go of their 12" powerbooks. They're holding their breath that this will finally be a mobile replacement worthy of upgrading to.

21. Justinerator macrumors 6502

Justinerator

Man, that would be priceless. SO..............FUNNY.:D