I slept with my watch for first time

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by tsmith167, May 22, 2015.

1. tsmith167 macrumors newbie

I slept with my watch for first time ( he he). I wish the watch had sleep tracking since I currently use a jawbone up 24 for that purpose. I guess in anticipation of the watch one day having this function I decided to try sleeping with it last night. I also like waking up from the vibration instead of an audible alarm.

I completely charged the watch before going to bed and put it in airplane mode as well as do not disturb and set an alarm for this morning. It worked well and thought I would share with this community how much of the battery drained over the 7 hours of sleep. I was surprised it drained only 3 percent. It was nice having my heart rate tracked during the night. It did do something a little weird though. I did get credit for 2 hours of standing. I assume this is from tossing and turning. I look forward to apple enabling sleep tracking soon since it really is not much of a battery drain at all.

I think I will continue using it as my alarm clock until that happens. I will charge my watch when I get home from work as I get caught up on the news or browsing on the iPad. (About 1 hour). I also will top it off about an hour before bedtime .

2. techno-Zen macrumors 6502

Popped that ol cherry ehhhhh?

Congrats!

Seriously though, I like the sleep tracking stuff with the Up so I was kind of disappointed the apple watch did not have this feature.. yet

3. killawat macrumors 65816

Tried to use mine as a primary alarm. It's good, works better than I expected, but i'm just too heavy of a sleeper. For nights when i've simply gotten inadequate sleep, I still need that alarm on the other side of the room to really get up. The watch wakes me up but I lazily slap the dismiss button and head back to snoozeville.

4. techno-Zen macrumors 6502

That and it's so satisfying taking my watch off my spigen stand as the last thing I do before heading out the door for work.

5. PedCrossing macrumors 6502

PedCrossing

6. susan12369 macrumors 6502

7. philbo7, May 22, 2015
    Last edited: May 22, 2015

philbo7 macrumors regular

philbo7

I would never wear my watch while sleeping at night. I'm WAY too paranoid that I would toss and turn and knock it against the headboard or something.

8. JohnApples macrumors 65816

I think having sleep-tracking features would be really neat and I'd probably use it, except I honestly don't know when I'd charge the watch? I wear it right when I wake up and take it off right before bed to charge it. With the sleep tracking, I'd be wearing it 24/7 essentially.

Even if it did have multi-day battery life, do I have to sacrifice a night of sleep tracking in order charge it? If only there was a way to charge it while it's being worn.

9. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I slept with mine too! Except it was an accident lol. I just sorta passed out on the couch. I got loads of notifications, my family is always loud still slept right through it. Anyway anyone wanna take a guess to when I fell a sleep :D?

[​IMG]