I slid on down to Apple.com for some side-scrolling, mystical adventures!

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by ZiggyPastorius, Apr 27, 2008.

1. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

But, I was just wondering this...How come Apple's own website, in the Mac section, doesn't support two-finger scrolling? At the top of the Mac section, there's a cover flow type area that has Macbooks, Macbook Pros, Final cut, all that stuff...you know what I mean..how come I can't use my two-finger scrolling in that?

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Probably cause that part is based on Flash. And scrolling doesn't work in Flash (even the scroll wheel).

3. ZiggyPastorius thread starter macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

That sucks..I wish it worked, because I absolutely despise having to click the scroll bar and drag it :D Haven't liked that too much ever since the spinny wheel things on mouses were invented..>.>Whenever that was.

4. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

It's actually not Flash at all, but Javascript. Still doesn't mean you can use a mouse/trackpad to scroll in it though.

5. Luigi239 macrumors 6502a

Thats not flash, thats ajax, which doesn't produce an actual "scroll" widget like if your going up and down the page. Thats why the scroll bar itself looks different.

EDIT: Or maybe its javascript like apfhex said.

6. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

AJAX is just "Asynchronous JavaScript and XML", so you're right, it is JavaScript.

And XML. :)

7. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Well, whatever it is, you can't scroll in it. And I can't imagine anyone hanging out on that page enough to really care.

8. ZiggyPastorius thread starter macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

Touché. I don't go to Apple.com hardly at all, unless I need to check some specs or find something in the store or something, but, I was on there today and I just remembered that, so I figured I'd ask :p Thanks for the info, everybody xD