I sneezed and the MBP woke up from sleep!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kwfl, May 24, 2008.

1. kwfl macrumors 6502

hi,

it is really strange that a MBP will wake up by me sneezing beside it (i am sure it was a good sneez :D, teleports you to comfort!) unless the sneeze air was strong enough to push some keyboard buttons, which i highly doubt.

Anyway, my question is, does the MBP has any motion or shock sensors that can make it behave in a certain way when subjected to shaking, knocks, sneezing, whatever?

if any, i wonder how long my MBP will last;)

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

3. ert3 macrumors 6502a

ert3

The touch pad is very very sensitive so if any moisture from you comes in contact with it then it will assume it is a finger.

4. Screwball macrumors regular

Your MBP is so fond of you, it even wakes up from sleep, afraid, that you might have a cold! Has it identified the bacteria?:)

5. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

6. ert3 macrumors 6502a

ert3

If you want to test the theory then drool on your touch pad ever so lightly and then drag away with your other finger.

oh noes its the two handed zoom thingy

7. archesdevil macrumors 6502

archesdevil

8. kwfl thread starter macrumors 6502

well it made some sound and then directed me to the apple store, i guess that for the tissue.

9. kwfl thread starter macrumors 6502

The touch pad does not wake the mac from sleep no matter what you do with it. I mean, clicking, touching or clicking on the bar.

10. kwfl thread starter macrumors 6502

some theories here may be right about this MBP. It actually wont go to bed by itself. I have to take it to bed and tell her a story before her eyes close.

Anyway, i havent sneezed since the last time it woke for sleep. I have been trying to make sneeze-like stuff but it wont wake up. I think this MBP is smart enough to know that i am just pretending.

i will report any progress. :D

11. archesdevil macrumors 6502

archesdevil

12. kwfl thread starter macrumors 6502

it wont work if you dont sneeze alot :D

13. archesdevil macrumors 6502

archesdevil

Good to know you have a sense of humor. I doubt that anything is seriously wrong with it.

I am looking forward to sneezing next to my MacBook. I'll let you know what happens.

14. kwfl thread starter macrumors 6502

i think the MBP have some sensors. once i have seen my friend tabbing his MBP on the side and something changes in the screen. So i though these sensors can detect relatively strong even and act in a certain way. The macbooks dont have them of what i heared.

15. Zel macrumors regular

When booted into windows, and then closed to sleep, any bump of the extenal mouse will wake my SR-MBP.

16. anirban macrumors 6502a

anirban

Thats a software specifically intended to change screens when tapped on the side of the lid. The software uses SMS (Sudden Motion Sensor) in the MBP to work.

I doubt the sneezing can trigger the SMS.

17. kwfl thread starter macrumors 6502

interesting, however, i wont break my mac by tapping when i have an alternative to it.