I sold mine for 3g, now what?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrat93, Jun 9, 2008.

1. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

I think the title says it all. With the more expensive data plan and unknown retail price, how are we gonna do it?

2. mrat93 thread starter macrumors 65816

mrat93

What do you mean? I already sold it. What do we do when we get the 3g iPhone next month?

3. BongoBanger macrumors 68000

BongoBanger

Pay for it?

4. witchdrash macrumors member

Suck it up for being stupid enough to sell your phone before you knew what was going on?

5. impact_blue macrumors regular

Im pretty sure Apple requires a 2 year contract with every 3g iphone purchase. Read it on the site. So that means you're going to have to renew your contract for another 2 years being stuck in at the higher rate for close to 4 years.

Just swapping your SIM card wont work.

6. MacsAttack macrumors 6502a

Simple... Looks like the iPhone will be available Pay As You Go in the UK - so I'm sure that there will be many enterprising people willing to sell you a cracked 3G phone if you don't mind the shipping charges and the reasonable markup.

Kind of the revers of what happened when the iPhone came out. Lots of unlocked units were snapped up by people outside the US.

Of course with the poor $ you could find it a little expensive ($700 to $800 would be my guess).

7. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

8. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

What I think is really funny is those who sold jailbroken iPhones thinking they would get a 3G Phone they can jailbreak. Looks like requiring activation at POS will make that problematic.

I wonder how many of those people will be looking to buy a used 1st Gen iPhone again. :p