iPad mini I sold my iPad 2!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by OpTic Jayex, Oct 16, 2013.

  1. OpTic Jayex macrumors regular

    OpTic Jayex

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2013
    Location:
    Broken Arrow
    #1
    Upgraded to an iPad Mini! I sold my iPad 2 16 Gb for 300 bucks! :D:D
     
  2. Centris 650 macrumors 6502a

    Centris 650

    Joined:
    Dec 26, 2002
    Location:
    Near Charleston, SC
    #2
    Not bad. My son sold his for $250 to a family friend. The iPad was in excellent condition and we got a decent price for it. But I must ask, why did you go ahead and buy a mini with the updates right around the corner? Even if you weren't going to buy the mini2 you could have saved yourself some money when they drop the price.
     
  3. Skika macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2009
    #4
    Why couldn't you just wait?
     
  4. Klae17 macrumors 6502a

    Klae17

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2011
    #5
    I wouldn't be too excited about buying something that will almost be updated....
     
  5. Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2013
    #6
    Don't people usually do research before spending $300+ on a new tablet? >_>

    Maybe he just doesn't care. Oh well.
     
  6. Che Castro macrumors 603

    Joined:
    May 21, 2009
    #7
    Is this the same guy from the ipad 4 thread trolling
     
  7. OpTic Jayex thread starter macrumors regular

    OpTic Jayex

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2013
    Location:
    Broken Arrow
    #8
    No. I just wanted something newer. I really don't care. I just wanted to get rid of my old iPad and get a newer one. I sold it via eBay so I didn't want to wait weeks to get paid. It was kinda a dumb decision but i'm a nerd.
     
  8. Joybulb macrumors regular

    Joybulb

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2011
    #9
    Wow, $300? I have a 32gb wifi that I was expecting to get $230 out of if I'm lucky
     
  9. mytakeontech macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2010
    #10
    I think he can just return the mini when new comes out.
     
  10. Szarky macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2010
    #11
    Definitely dumb decision and if you were a nerd you would have waited patiently for what will be a way better device. Everyone's expecting the Mini to go retina which it needs badly especially in thin font iOS 7. I say this typing on my girlfriends Mini as I wait without an iPad having just sold my iPad 2 last week for the same price as you=$300 for 32GB.
     
  11. iAppl3Fan macrumors 6502a

    iAppl3Fan

    Joined:
    Sep 8, 2011
    #12
    Congrats! That's a good sell. A very good one. Don't let others rain on your parade. Enjoy your iPad mini as it's a wonderful device. I currently have an iPad 4 and iPad mini myself.
     
  12. OpTic Jayex thread starter macrumors regular

    OpTic Jayex

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2013
    Location:
    Broken Arrow
    #13
    Thank you. Something positive here.
     
  13. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

    Aluminum213

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2012
    #14
    $300?


    Nice lie
     
  14. Mr-Kerrse macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 1, 2011
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    #15
    If you always wait for the new device to come out you will never own a device :D

    Not a bad price for an Ipad 2 should sell mine really !
     
  15. FrankB1191 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2013
    Location:
    Pennsylvania
    #16
    I just bought another Mini after loosing my first a month ago. Needed one NOW, and can return if Apple unveils something better next week.

    P.S. The one positive to buying the 1st gen Mini, is that it's been tested for a year. I'm not aware of any glitches, such as getting warm while playing games, image retention, etc. It simply works.....;)
     
  16. Szarky macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2010
    #18
    There's a big difference with having that mentality (which I totally agree with) and just making a smart purchase by waiting 2-3 weeks. I would just buy the current Mini and return it the day before the 30-day return policy. Then just pre-order the new one that's being announced in couple days. Best of both worlds: you get a Mini while you wait for the (hopefully) Retina Mini that'll ship in couple weeks.

    ----------

    If you paid any attention to your local Craigslist ads or eBay $300 is not hard to get. I got it for my 32GB iPad 2. I probably could have gotten 320 or 330 but I just wanted a quick sale.
     
  17. scupking macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Dec 14, 2010
    #19
    That is true if we didn't all know new iPads would be announced next Tuesday. In this case I would have to agree and say this was an odd move to get a mini now.
     
  18. Mr-Kerrse macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 1, 2011
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    #20
    They may be announced but how long you have to wait to actually get one could be another thing judging by the supply of iphone 5s 's :eek:
     
  19. OpTic Jayex thread starter macrumors regular

    OpTic Jayex

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2013
    Location:
    Broken Arrow
    #21
    I might go with the new iPad Apple will announce, but I'd rather buy a possible new Apple TV instead. I gave my 3rd gen. to my parents since I'll either buy the new one or get another 3rd gen ATV if Apple doesn't announce a new one. Either Way, I'm happy for next Tuesday! :D:D
     
  20. OpTic Jayex thread starter macrumors regular

    OpTic Jayex

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2013
    Location:
    Broken Arrow
    #22
    Update!! I got it!! Brand New. Should I upgrade to iOS 7? I have iOS 6 on it.
     

Share This Page