I sold my iphone a month ago

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thecellar, Jun 17, 2008.

1. thecellar macrumors regular

.......just to get rid of it for a decent amount thinking the new model would make the 1st generation iphone less attractive to a buyer...I still have been paying for my iphone plan but im using an old flip phone currently....What will be the stipulations for me to get the 3g iphone when its released?

Am i still considered an iphone user?

2. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Yes, you are still considered an iPhone user. I think the only stipulation would be that you upgrade plans when you activate the 3G iPhone.

How much did you get for it?

3. stagi macrumors 65816

stagi

I got $400 for mine about 2 weeks ago which I was pretty happy with. Now just waiting for 3g.

4. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Thats pretty good. I have been planning to sell mine for almost 2 weeks, but just haven't got around to it yet. I will do so soon because I already have a replacement phone to use. They are still going for over $300....

5. thecellar thread starter macrumors regular

i sold it for 375 with a few accessories, but it had a few dents and the chrome around the edge was a little scratchy....i was pleased.

6. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Also very good.

7. thecellar thread starter macrumors regular

Just another tidbit with pricing that suprised me, I was at the apple store the other day to see if they had a 3g on display, and they were still selling 1st generation iphones for $399 8gb and $499 16 gb. Dont you think they would drop the price to get rid of them before the new better version came out at a lower price

8. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

I thought everywhere was sold out! That is valuable info because people are still wanting the 1st Generation.

9. hmfic macrumors member

I have a similar question.

I bought my iphone on launch day and had it up until a month ago but sold it and now I'm using a replacement phone but I'm not paying for the iphone plan.

Am I still considered an iphone user also?

10. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Give att.com website a look, and get their phone number and ask them yourself, you don't need to be afraid of them. I would rather you heard it from the AT&T folks yourself. You can do it! :cool:

11. hmfic macrumors member

I called at&t twice today. Both people said they had no idea :confused: I guess I'm going to have to make more calls tomorrow.

12. hmfic macrumors member

Well good news. I just got off the phone with at&t and the CSR lady said that I'm eligible for the subsidized price. She made a note of it on my account and everything so I'm going to take her word for it.

13. alejovh1 macrumors regular

same here, going on 5 weeks without my iPhone. You don't have to show your iPhone v1 in order to upgrade, I'm sure they'll just ask you for your phone number and will automatically renew your contract. Itunes will do the rest.

14. thecellar thread starter macrumors regular

sounds good...i though i shot myself in the foot by selling it.

thanks for all the info

15. pedroistheman macrumors 6502

pedroistheman

thank god, I'm not alone. IT's great to hear that I'm still upgrade eligable...but w/out the iphone in hand do you think we should go to an AT&T store rather than apple so they can review the account? or will apple have access as well?

P.S. I can't believe I sold mine for $200, I should have gone on eBay rather than settling to some cheapas* on craigslist. but whatever at least I covered the difference for the $199 8GB

16. hmfic macrumors member

I asked this somewhere else but might as well as it here too. How will Apple know if you are qualified for the subsidy or not when they don't have access to at&t's account databases.

17. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

i sold mine about a month ago, and was using a cheap Nokia. I bought an 8GB on eBay because I couldn't stand not having my iPhone. I will sell it once I get the 3G. Hard to use another phone when you are used to the iPhone.
    I sold my 16GB for $504 and bought an 8GB for $275. I think I did pretty good. I am going to unlock this one before I sell it.

18. thecellar thread starter macrumors regular

I know what you mean....I didnt think i would care for a month, but i really miss having my iphone

19. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

Me too!!!! I miss having a cell phone and ipod touch (was going to sell that, but ended up getting scammed and ripped.) I haven't had either one of these things for over a month. I was so pissed when I heard Steve say July 11....... AGGGHHHHH

20. pedroistheman macrumors 6502

pedroistheman

I have had to re-learn the art of texting...painful. whoever said iphone typing was hard, YOU ARE WRONG! I'm counting down the days til I can throw this cheap piece of sht razr out the window!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

:apple:

21. pedroistheman macrumors 6502

pedroistheman

and wtf, how are you selling for $400 and $375 w/ dents?

Mine was in great condition and I sold it for $190. And I thought I was getting a good deal. pssssh, now I feel embarrassed to even say I sold mine at that price

22. skabadelic macrumors member

I sold mine just tonight for $490, but I'm worried. The person just joined ebay today.

Not to mention, I'm an ebay newibe. So I don't even know how to tell if their PayPal address is verified. I read recently that PayPal will hold my funds for 21 days unless I get positive feedback.

If this guys address is verified, should I be OK? Even if it's not, if he pays me and PayPal has 'my' money, I should be clear to send it...

right? :confused:

23. newyorksole macrumors 68020

I miss my iPhone as well, but there are only a couple weeks left. Can't wait.