I sold my iPhone and...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kinkster, Jan 4, 2009.

1. kinkster macrumors 6502a

The guy who bought it said when he trys to sync it with his computer it asks for my iTunes account info.

Before sending it off I synced it with my computer as a new iPhone(not backup) to put some apps on it.

Will he have to restore it or is there a way without that?

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

i dont think hes explaining it right to you. Are you sure he isnt using the app store or the itunes store on the phone?

Those ask you for your password from the account of itunes its been most recently syncs to.

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

The apps are tied to your iTunes account, so you can't pass them onto the new iPhone owner in that way.

Yes, he'll have to restore and set it up as a new phone on his own computer, with his own iTunes account.

4. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

I would reccomend telling him to go to settings-> general-> reset-> erase all content and settings. Once this is done he can do a restore and he will have a factory fresh iphone.

5. akacaj macrumors regular

akacaj

6. All Out War macrumors newbie

he wouldnt have to restore after that .. just plug the iphone into computer and it will activate it

7. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

he may have to restore it from DFU mode if the phone is jailbroken or unlocked.