I sometimes hate my Macbook Pro!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TheShinyMac, Aug 12, 2010.

1. TheShinyMac macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

This thing is really getting on my nerves! First off, it has the 8600GT so you know what that means:cool: I've already sent it in for a non clicking trackpad, dead pixels which they did not fix, and broken keys! Now my battery life is horrendous with 306 cycles and it is overheating to the point of a kernel panic! What should I do, Genius Appt?

2. Ateace3 macrumors member

...basically

3. ccashman92 macrumors regular

That is all you can do really... Unless you tear into it yourself.

4. Reelknead1 macrumors 6502

5. atrac7 macrumors regular

at the moment i am really hating how my MBP 2010 does not go into sleep when the lid is left open. Sometimes it does, other times it doesn't. When it is the latter it COMPLETELY logs me out of everything, closes my programs, and sends me to the initial purple background screen of the log in. very frustrating.

6. saxon48 macrumors 6502a

saxon48

Maybe your MBP might just be the proverbial 'lemon'?

7. TheShinyMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

Maybe your right, I think I should get one of my girl "friends" to go in with me and she its her laptop and they will give her empathy and replace it!

8. Reelknead1 macrumors 6502

well if she is good looking and and a flirt, maybe :D

9. killer bear macrumors newbie

Judged by this why many people in this forum say dell or other PC manufactures have worse build quality than apple?

10. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

Well, every line of products will have lemons which will have problems, regardless of brand. Mistakes happen.

11. ccashman92 macrumors regular

Because people don't post here saying oh my Macbook is perfect!! The point of this forum is to ask for help and advice.

12. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

True - that would also be pretty spiteful as well if people were having problems and there was a thread just about how this guy's Mac experience has been going great.

13. ccashman92 macrumors regular

Out of all my friends I'm the only one who has issues with their Macbook. I have the 2010 MBP with the freezing issues. I've narrowed it down to the Dynamic Switching (Graphic drivers). So I'm trying to work with my local Apple Genius to get it fixed.

Sorry I got off subject, but I'm just trying to prove a point. I have countless friends with Mac's no issues other then mine.

14. ceshimm macrumors member

8600GT is not a good start, maybe with more issues come out, APPLE will send you a new model to replace your current one.

15. TheShinyMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

One can only wish, and I'm wishing pretty damn hard!

16. revelated macrumors 6502a

revelated

When I went in to buy a spare power adapter, the guy made me wait so that he could fetch an apparently repaired MacBook for two sexy girls that came in like 20 minutes later. I felt like slapping him - but then I remembered they were sexy and gave him a pass.

17. TheShinyMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

Makes me wonder if all Geniuses are desperate!

18. Xenophon macrumors regular

That is a very good question. What I believe is that price/quality-wise Apple is certainly not superior to Dell etc. But the design is more beautiful, the OS better and with the alu unibody they have a winner. The electronic components o.t.o.h are underpowered, very expensive low quality crap.

19. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

That is actually a setting in system preferences -> security. In the general tab, it has an option to log out after a certain time of inactivity. All you have to do is uncheck that box.