iPad I spend a year to design a backpack specially for iPad. Now need your help.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Noah Wong, Feb 20, 2017.

?

Okay, now roast me. :)

1. Brilliant design! I love it!

2. Stupid af!

3. Have no idea.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Noah Wong, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017

Noah Wong macrumors newbie

Noah Wong

Hey guys, my name is Noah. I'm a designer and I spend a whole year with my friends to design a backpack specially for Apple products. Now, we are planning to launch this backpack in market. But before that, we want to know what you think about this backpack. Do you think it's a brilliant idea or it's a stupid design? Please don't hesitate to tell us your idea. We really wish we can get the valid feedback from you, your feedback will directly affect the decision if this backpack can be lunched in market. We need your help to improve this product! Many thanks. :)

Please leave comments below!

Photo 20-02-2017, 12 16 59 PM.jpg Photo 20-02-2017, 2 23 26 PM.jpg Photo 20-02-2017, 12 16 34 PM.jpg Photo 20-02-2017, 12 16 55 PM.jpg 1664959716.jpg 1664889681.jpg 1664889690.jpg 16648896821111.jpg 1664889695.jpg

2. spook macrumors regular

You havn't really given a lot to go on. How is the ipad protected. Is their storage for adaptors.

How does this move the game on, what does it have over other backpacks.
    Is their a spot for a rechargeable battery source or ear phone sockets?
    --- Post Merged, Feb 20, 2017 ---
    I presume that the ipad goes in the transparent plastic.
    1. This doesn't afford much protection.
    2. If you are supposed to interact with it through that, are you able to use the touch screen?

3. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

looks like a regular back pack. show me it's usp's. sell it to me. make me want one. as it stands i have no need for yet another regular bag :p

4. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

A video would be nice. Hard to tell what's different about this from a few pictures.

5. Noah Wong thread starter macrumors newbie

Noah Wong

Hey, Spook. Thanks for your comment, I will upload more pics later today.
    Hey, Sjleworthy. Thanks for your comment. I hope you will like it!
    Hmmm, you are right. :)

6. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Why should I buy this backpack over another? Is there a reason to choose it if I don't have an iPad? Are the iPad-centric features usable for all the iPad sizes? What about other brand tables?

7. Noah Wong thread starter macrumors newbie

Noah Wong

Hey, Darngooddesign. Thank you for you comment!

8. Jnesbitt82 macrumors 6502

Jnesbitt82

I bought this bag last year.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AZU4G00/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It can hold multiple iPads and a large laptop. The selling points for me were;
    -it's considered a carry-on with several airlines
    -it has reinforced "hard case" storage areas inside

The company advertises:
    • Armor protected dedicated laptop compartment
    • Padded iPad/tablet/e-reader pocket
    • Crush resistant Tech Vault pocket with soft tricot liner
    • HUB (Hybrid Unibody Backpanel) for ultimate comfort
    • Increased shoulder strap foam padding creates Sweet Spot comfort zone
    • Padded mouse/digital camera pocket
    • Deluxe organization panel with zippered stash pocket
    • Quick access expandable phone pocket
    I'm not saying to copy them, I'm just trying to give you some ideas for what people may be looking for in one. The cost will be another factor. I payed $109 for mine.

9. stevemiller macrumors 65816

I guess the thing for me is this seems to serve little functional purpose. Just to use the iPad as a way of showing off a customized logo to others while you walk around? Maybe I'm just old. :p

10. JeffyTheQuik macrumors 68020

JeffyTheQuik

While I like the innovation displayed, nothing says, "Steal me!" like open display of your $1000 device.

Will it have a place to store the battery to keep it charged?

11. Noah Wong thread starter macrumors newbie

Noah Wong

By using REMIX backpack, you can easily charge your Apple devices on the go.

1664961388.jpg

12. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Do you have a separate pocket with cable pass throughs for the battery packs or are they going to bang against whatever I have in there? Are you using leak-proof zippers for the external iPad pocket?

13. Noah Wong thread starter macrumors newbie

Noah Wong

Hey, Steve. Thank you for your comment. Showing off a customized logo is one of the function we have. I think this can help protect people from any potential danger that might befall them and cause a severe physical damage, especially for cyclists.
    Thank you, JeffyTheQuik!

14. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

#1. Looks Amazing Concept hopped its patented because anyone can make a Bakcpack
    #2. Love the Idea of just displaying any Brand as if it's the back packs Brand.
    #3. Where can we Buy One.
    #4. I can see schools Banning these because I'd play Videos on it as I walked the Hallways.
    #5. Looks good as is but the Transparent section should be Stiff not Flexible.

15. Noah Wong thread starter macrumors newbie

Noah Wong

Thank you, TheRealAlex! Keep it real!

16. David58117 macrumors 65816

I think I'm still confused why having the screen visible on the back is necessary. I know you said cyclists can use it, but - are they really going to ride around with that huge bag attached to themselves? That seems unlikely. Especially having to leave the display on...reflective tape does a good job and is much cheaper as it is..

Also, anyone who has that flap open is just asking to be robbed.

What I would really love, actually - is something appearing nondescript but that has a water tight compartment for an ipad/macbook/cables. Put some padding around it, make it as thin and lightweight as you can, and you're good to go!

Good luck though!!!

17. Howard2k macrumors 6502a

Howard2k

No way I'd buy one. As mentioned, what's to stop someone slicing open the backpack and walking away with a free iPad?
    And I'd take that risk because it provides me with what benefits?

Sorry, just being realistic. I wouldn't use one if you sent it to me for free.

18. Noah Wong thread starter macrumors newbie

Noah Wong

Thank you for your sincere comments, David.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 21, 2017 ---
    Thank you, Howard2k. According to everyone's comments above I think we won't launch this product in market...

19. daflake macrumors 6502a

Not to be a jerk, but that backpack doesn't have the right suspension for a cyclist on drops and would even be awkward for a more upright position. As a cyclist myself, who has tried many packs, I can honestly say this. However, I do like the concept of a back designed to hold a pad and also like the way the compartment is a little more rigid looking.

20. Noah Wong thread starter macrumors newbie

Noah Wong

Hey, Daflake. Thanks for sharing your idea to us. :)

21. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

While transporting you iPad you want to protect the most delicate part, the screen. I am sorry but your design exposes it to more danger than ever. Not to mention that you are advertising that there is a iPad in the case, steal me!

22. Noah Wong, Feb 23, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2017

Noah Wong thread starter macrumors newbie

Noah Wong

Hey, Newtons Apple. Thanks for your comments.

23. stevemiller macrumors 65816

Noah, definitely don't want to discourage you. No harm in playing around with ideas, and hope you found the concerns raised with this particular approach to be constructive.

For the record, when I first got my iPad and Apple Pencil, I was searching for a sleeve that I liked that also had a holder for the Pencil. Eventually a craft-y family member made me something that fit my needs; so there is definitely room for customized solutions and in this space.

All the best of luck!