I spilkt tea oin the keyboiard.,.,.,oioips

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by eemer, Jan 29, 2008.

1. eemer macrumors member

This is gonna be a little tricky to write since my keyboard is having some troubles differentiating certain letters!! Everytime I now hit the l button it comes out 'lk' and everytime I hit the o button it coimes 'oi'... the same with fullstops, they come out, '.,'

Does anyone know what I can do or will I have to get a new keyboard :(

...boy this post took some editing!!

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

3. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

that must be today's funniest topic title ...
    good luck cleaning the mess out and keep smiling, it's only a keyboard. Some spill all sort of beverages on their precious laptops.

4. jeffmc macrumors 6502

haha amazing!

depends on the computer, some (iBook, for example) you can simply replace the keyboard.. others (macbooks) you need an entire new top case.

this is also providing that your keyboard is the ONLY damaged component

5. eemer thread starter macrumors member

I have an iMac.,..,.,just tried drying it a lkittlke with a hairdryer (even thoiugh this happened lkast night).,.,.,as yoiu can proibablky telklk.,.,.,it didn't woirk!

6. jeffmc macrumors 6502

oh awesome! good news is you didn't damage the computer at all!

new keyboard is $49 + tax

7. Makosuke macrumors 603

Rinse it with distilled water, then let it air dry for a LONG time.

Alternately, take all the keycaps off, dismantle it, rinse the plastic membrane with distilled water, let it dry a long time.

But that probably isn't going to work--I tried it with someone who decided to spray cleaner in his keyboard, but the damage was done.

8. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

thats about it, the sugar/sweetner causes the damage, nice & sticky, try getting some kinda sprayer you can fill with the water then spray in the keyboard, but try and keep it upside down and dry with a hairdryer, hopefully that will work, you can get a kb cheap of ebay, a friend of mines selling the older white wireless one for £20/$40ish, good luck ;)

9. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Seriously, thank your stars you did this to an external keyboard, and not to a laptop. It'll cost you pennies to get a new one.

10. skinnylegs macrumors 65816

skinnylegs

No offense, but this has to be the funniest post I've read in a long time. I've laughed so hard I'm almost willing to buy you a new lkeyboard.