I spilled coffee on myu mac and it won't turn on

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by saopem, Jan 23, 2010.

  1. saopem macrumors newbie

    Jan 23, 2010
    I brought a new pc and external hard drive and i want to get the contents of the hard drive and push then to my external. How would I do that?
  2. ziggyonice macrumors 68020


    Mar 12, 2006
    Rural America
    Probably the only way to do this is to remove the hard drive from your MacBook. It's pretty easy. There's a guide on how to do it here.

    Once the hard drive has been removed, you need to be able to connect it to an enclosure, which (basically) turns your MacBook's hard drive into an external, which will help in getting the files off.
  3. spinnerlys Guest


    Sep 7, 2008
    forlod bygningen
    You might also need HFSXplorer (free) or MacDrive to access the HFS+ formatted drive in Windows (the OS from Microsoft).

    Or is the PC another Mac?

Share This Page