I still have feedback assistant

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by Liam555, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Liam555 macrumors regular

Liam555

I still have feedback assistant, is that normal? I've tried installing the new yosemite from the app store, but it just goes through this whole installation phase and then I end up back to what it was before.
    I also keep getting these weird "pre-release: OS X Update seed". Every 3 weeks or something. :confused:

Attached Files:

2. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

You can opt out of the beta updates in Settings>App Store. As for the Feedback Assistant, I have no idea..

3. kolax macrumors G3

Because you're signed into iCloud and you've opted in to get beta releases, then you'll still get them, even on a fresh install. Post above explains how to opt out.

You can just trash Feedback Assistant if you don't want it. It's there because you were a beta tester, and should you ever want to beta test again.

4. Liam555 thread starter macrumors regular

Liam555

Ah alright thanks, explains a lot.

5. bmac89 macrumors 6502a

bmac89

Although Yosemite is publicly released there is still beta releases of Yosemite updates such as 10.10.1.

6. Harry Muff macrumors regular

I seem to recall Feedback Assistant still being there in the public release on the 16th of October.

7. grahamperrin macrumors 601

grahamperrin

Yes. The assistant is a normal part of recent releases of Mavericks and Yosemite.