I still have the very first tiny Mac w/printer. Toss or keep it?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bfrancisdesign, Nov 16, 2008.

1. bfrancisdesign macrumors newbie

First Original Mac! Remember? It's so cute. I hate to throw it away. Such memories. But space is tight and someone told me it will never be a collector item or worth anything. But... I reason... it is the very first Mac! Can I get some opinions? (This is my first time on this site. I'm cleaning out the storage unit.)

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

3. lucidmedia macrumors 6502a

ebay or craig's list... someone will buy it...

4. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

Yeah, I'd like to see too!

5. sahni130 macrumors 6502

sahni130

I think you should definitely keep it. it is a piece of history and the reason why Microsoft exists ( both because bill gates wrote software for it and then copied mac os to make windows). If you don't want it then you should give it to me.

6. LaJaca macrumors regular

LaJaca

Toss the printer.

Save the mac.

Call it a compromise.

7. arthursiew macrumors 6502

arthursiew

I would actually keep it. It's worth keeping old things as time passes, it gets older and older and eventually become very valuable.

8. motulist macrumors 68040

motulist

Just find some out-of-home storage space you can put it in and forget about. Surely you must have some relative or friend that has an attic or basement that they wouldn't mind you storing 2 cubic feet of stuff in. If you do store it in a basement, be sure to have it at least a foot off the ground. Sooner or later, most basements have a flood incident.

No one can say if it definitely will or wont be worth a significant amount of money one day. But if it's not a big hassle to find a place to store it, then you might as well hang onto it.