I still like my iPhone 4 despite the death grip

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jp700p, Jul 6, 2010.

1. jp700p macrumors regular

To solve the death grip, I put a piece (double layer) of bodyguardz skin material (left over from my HTC EVO) over the band. That has helped it alot. The bars still drop, but they don't disconnect the calls or slow down the internet to a halt.

Even with the death grip issue, its still a better phone then my HTC EVO. The phone is fun to use, and works. I spent a day over in Canada and since I was near the border, I was still able to connect to AT&T towers. No roaming charges! I was still able to use the internet and call without roaming charges.

While i'm still concerned over the death grip issue, I will be keeping the phone. How about you?

2. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

It's not a big problem. I'll be upgrading my second line with a white phone when they are available.

3. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

I'm in the same boat. I'm pretty annoyed that Apple are being such idiots about the issue, but i can work around it. It's still the best phone on the market, which doesn't say much for other phones.

I'll be using a case, which I REALLY didn't want to do, but along with the antenna issue, I'm also finding the phone is so small and slick that it's harder to hold on to than I'd like, so it will solve both problems.

4. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I find this phone WITH a bumper still feels better in the hand than any phone on the market. Not to mention I am a case guy and find the bumper to be the perfect solution for the protection I am after. I don't need an Otterbox, I just like basic protection to decrease my odds of breakage just a bit while not adding bulk.

Iphone 4+Bumper= Win

It's an amazing device and it has been working flawlessly for me. I made a YouTube video when it first came out, I bitched. That's when I was confused about what was going and fixated on the issue, trying to make it happen instead of just using the damn phone. I've let it go and just started using the phone and it has been absolutely perfect. Far superior to my 3GS which had dropped call issues, cracked plastic and the worst was it would just die out of nowhere and require a hard reset. Had it replaced twice, still did it with a clean restore. I just gave up and dealt with it.

The screen, it's reason enough to work with this phone. Yeah great if you don't feel you should have to adjust for a phone, go buy another "perfect" phone out there. Good luck.

I never get sick of looking at the display, I love holding this slick ass design, just a great phone.

To anyone who wants to label me a fanboy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMgSGp-ns3c

That's me bitching about it on day one. Again now I'm aware and it's a total non issue. It's not even something I have to think about. I just use the phone, and it works.

This is my opinion, knowing the way this forum has been someone full of rage against this phone will come in and label me a sheep or some other BS. It's getting ridiculous to think that this issue is enough to be a deal breaker for the Iphone 4.

What needs to happen is Apple needs to be more forthcoming, explain and just make users aware of what is up. Enough with the silliness. Tweak the software to try and balance out the issue, don't reduce my signal bars. Let me at least pretend I have good signal. That recent patch announcement is a terrible idea, they must be working on something else but just not telling people. They can't afford to screw up a reception patch on this phone, so they can work on it, perfect it and then release it.

That's really all I am upset about, the product I'm really quite thrilled with, but I'm taken back at Apples ability to be a douche.

5. briand05 macrumors 6502

I agree even with the grip problem I'd still say it's the best phone on the market. Between the screen, the speed, the battery life it's the best overall package out there. I can get my signal to drop some if I do the grip but I have mine in a case and I've never dropped a call and the call quality is good.

6. hipvamore macrumors regular

yeah there is way too much complaining here i love mine

7. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

The best way to solve that is to not do it.

There! Wasn't that easy? :rolleyes:

8. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

How are you suppose to hold your phone then? :rolleyes:

Besides, whoever named it the "death grip" should get smacked. You barely touch it and it takes a ****.

9. dagomike macrumors 65816

10. army91c macrumors 6502a

11. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

The reception issue doesn't really bother me as I have a case on. It's some other things about the phone that have been irritating such as, prox sensor, iPhone overheating in my car, all glass construction, and lower speaker volume. Other than that, it's awesome. I think the volume and prox sensor can be fixed with software update, and that maybe I just have a temp sensitive unit. It's going into the apple store sometime this week to have someone look at it for me.