Other I still love the big bezel/Touch ID design....anyone else?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Yogosans14, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Yogosans14 macrumors regular

Don’t get me wrong the new iPhone X design is nice but I still love the classic bezel/home button look especially the white fronts. I saw the iPhone X in store, turned off it looked like a android but the 8/8+ stood out with the classic Apple design.

I know the new design is progress but I love that I chose the 8+ over the X. It’s still beautiful to me with the white bezel and color matched Touch ID ring. It screams “classic”. The notch design is new and all but the symmetry seems off compared to the regular big bezel design.

Anyone else agree with me? Who still loves the older classic design?

2. adamhenry macrumors 68000

adamhenry

Not me. I bought the X because the bezels and home button were gone. Otherwise, I would still be using my 6s.

3. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68020

BugeyeSTI

4. Closingracer macrumors 68040

Nope I went and got a Note 8 because of them. Actually I went from a Note 4 to an iPhone 6 plus but hated the bezels so much I got an iPhone 7 because it felt better in my hands.

5. Krayzkat macrumors 6502a

Krayzkat

Nobody should love bezels on a phone. The front part of your phone that isn’t bezels, should be what you love.

6. Brandonjr36 macrumors 68000

Brandonjr36

Miss Touch ID, but no do not like big bezels.

7. Yogosans14 thread starter macrumors regular

It’s not the big bezels I like as much as I enjoy the classic white front/Touch id home button look. It’s very symmetrical. The notch throws off the symmetry.

8. tonybarnaby macrumors 65816

I wouldn't mind if they left the bottom bezel with the home button and completely removed the top one.

9. puma1552 macrumors 603

Love my 8 more than any other phone. It's the culmination of the 6 design, which arguably had a rocky start with the antennae lines and the non corner radiused camera that was offset.

The 8 is positively gorgeous, a bit thicker, heavier, and more substantial feeling in the hand. It doesn't get any better imo.

10. Q-Dog macrumors 6502a

Q-Dog

I don't mind the size of the bezels, but I never did like the white. I want my devices to be more inconspicuous.

11. thizisweird macrumors member

thizisweird

12. GalaDaliGirl Suspended

GalaDaliGirl

The 8 blows the doors clear off the X.

13. Brandonjr36 macrumors 68000

Brandonjr36

How is that? They have the same guts?

14. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68020

BugeyeSTI

Considering the X has features the 8 or 8+ doesn't have plus uses stainless steel for the frame which is more durable, I say your conclusion is questionable...

15. tonybarnaby macrumors 65816

This is just not true. I have an 8 plus and my wife has an x. If prices were exactly the same, my guess is 75% of the people who bought an 8 would have purchased an X. Not saying you specifically, but there is a lot of sour grapes and envy on here. People ripping the X apart and then saying how great their 6s/7/8 are. Hell, even the 8 plus is a lesser phone than the X, but I needed the larger size. To claim it's better than the X is laughable.

"Never miss what you never had" is real on here LOL

16. eyeseeyou macrumors 68030

Never had an issue with the chin and forehead but also don’t miss them.

Went with the x primarily because of the camera and size with more of a priority on the camera. The screen is awesome but is tainted by the notch and weird rounded corners.

17. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Basically this thread is strictly preference of what somebody likes the iPhone 8 or iPhone X in terms of design. Naturally everybody will have their own preferences of what they prefer, there really is no right or wrong answer.

18. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Not any more.

After using the X and getting used to the UI, I like it much better than the old style iPhones. Face ID works so well you do not even think about it.

19. KUKitch macrumors 6502

KUKitch

big LOL at this, and to answer - no, I don't miss the design at all... the X is the best phone I've owned yet by a mile

20. lah macrumors 6502

Don’t miss it at all. The old design just looks dated now, it was time for a change.
    I thought I would miss TouchID, but FaceID works amazingly well. Apple really did an amazing job with the X.

21. osta.doc macrumors member

Just having been with Apple since launch day of the SE, I have a bit different take.

I love the SE, but wanted a larger screen. I looked at the X, and could have bought it, but the home button and design have Apple written all over it. So I chose the 8.

If I would have had the 6 and 7 prior to now, maybe I’d think the the 8 looks “dated” too. But I didn’t, and I don’t.

22. shooter45acp macrumors member

shooter45acp

I did love it until I bought the X now love Face ID and buttonless screen.

23. saltd macrumors 6502a

saltd

What about the 8 specifically “blows the doors off of the X?”

It costs less, but as far as advantages go, that’s about it. Both are great phones, but the X is far better device.

Do I miss the bezels and button? Absolutely not.

24. sunapple macrumors 68000

sunapple

I just love watching video on my iPhone 7 Plus. Big screen, every pixel utilized. Really pleasant. :cool:

25. rmoliv macrumors 6502a

I love all iPhone designs from the 6 up to the 8 Plus. Thin side bezels and the "chin" for the home button. The iPhone X looks ugly and ridiculous even more so with that ugly "notch" (monobrow)... It looks like a toy, not a phone. I think Apple shouldn't abandon for good the bezel/TouchID design. Whoever started the bezel-less trend (Samsung with the Edge?) clearly lacks good taste and refinement.