Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

J B

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 8, 2008
i had my 1st gen ipod touch jailbroken on the version right before the app store came out. Then, i went back and resotred my ipod to delete all jaibreak stuff.... for the past months, i cannot switch my lockscreen background! Also, on the top left corner, where it usually says "iPod" mine says my name (because of a Jailbreak program i used called Erica or something)

so, how do i change my lockscreen background, without going back to jailbreak... i just got a new Macbook, and dont want to get into the hacking anymore, just want a normal ipod touch

thanks

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I suppose he could restore his ipod and set it up as new. (I assume last time he restored, he restored to a backup) Other than that, probably the only way to fix it is to re-jailbreak, change the text on the top back to "ipod," then go back to regular firmware.

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
ok so if Im reading this properly you just want ot go back to official firmware from being jailbroken? hmmmm maybe just restore the thing

jsook724

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2008
CA
This exact thing happened to me. Okay go in to settings-general-reset and then just hit reset all settings

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.