I stopped using Jailbreak, and then....

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by J B, Dec 20, 2008.

1. J B macrumors member

i had my 1st gen ipod touch jailbroken on the version right before the app store came out. Then, i went back and resotred my ipod to delete all jaibreak stuff.... for the past months, i cannot switch my lockscreen background! Also, on the top left corner, where it usually says "iPod" mine says my name (because of a Jailbreak program i used called Erica or something)

so, how do i change my lockscreen background, without going back to jailbreak... i just got a new Macbook, and dont want to get into the hacking anymore, just want a normal ipod touch

thanks

2. ThunderBull4 macrumors 6502

That wouldn't change his name back to 'ipod' would it?

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I suppose he could restore his ipod and set it up as new. (I assume last time he restored, he restored to a backup) Other than that, probably the only way to fix it is to re-jailbreak, change the text on the top back to "ipod," then go back to regular firmware.

4. bobfitz14 macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

the OP is trying to change the lockscreen background and make it so it says iPod in the title bar.

5. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

ok so if Im reading this properly you just want ot go back to official firmware from being jailbroken? hmmmm maybe just restore the thing

6. jsook724 macrumors regular

This exact thing happened to me. Okay go in to settings-general-reset and then just hit reset all settings