I stumped Apple!

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by TallGuy1970, Aug 17, 2011.

1. TallGuy1970, Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2011

TallGuy1970 macrumors 6502

Woohoo! I have stumped Apple!!! Since the upgrade to Lion at work I cannot access random network folders through my desktop shortcuts. The folders are even in the same directory. Four work, two don't.

I connect to the server just fine. Through software - such as attaching a file to an email in Outlook or browsing my files in Adobe Bridge - I can access all network folders without a problem. I even checked by launching Parallels and logging into the network there. Once again, no problem. I just can't do it through my desktop and Finder.

I have a senior engineer calling me in a couple of days.

2. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

3. saberahul macrumors 68040

I don't understand your post... what do you mean you stumped them? You left Apple?

4. TallGuy1970 thread starter macrumors 6502

No, I mean I was on with tech support for over an hour and they had no idea why I was getting the access denied error, especially since three out of the four methods of access my network folders were working.

They sent me a capture program which logged all of my computer settings and network activity while I went through several methods of accessing the network folders. That is what the senior engineer will be analyzing.

I asked them if I could have the next OS update named after me! :)

5. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

That sucks you have that problem but its pretty awesome that they are monitoring whats going wrong in order to fix it. This is the first I've heard of this problem but it would be an annoying one to have.

Hopefully a fix comes soon :)