I Suddenly Could Not Edit My Macbook Modem Settings

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by james02, Nov 1, 2009.

1. james02 macrumors newbie

Am using macbook aluminum 2gb ram,2ghz,core 2 duo with leopard 10 5.8,I use to connect my phone nokia e63 with Bluetooth and use it as modem to brows on my laptop. But it suddenly stop working, like when use the process of setting up a Bluetooth device and when it get to the point of editing APN or adding IP address it will not allow me like before.I’v different phones (like sony ericson)every other brand still work except nokia phones which use to work perfectly well before, am confuse cos I don’t wanna format my system.i,v been doing this for long now,I strongly believe it could be a sign of virus infection…am just confuse pls I need help.

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Your "strong belief" that it's a virus is completely off, as there are no "viruses" for OS X in the wild. Also, to get some sort of malware you have to physically install it yourself by giving it permission as it piggybacks with generally an illegal copy of iWork or Photoshop or something like that.

Have you tried removing the device's preferences/entry completely and repairing it from the start again?