I suggest NOT buying from Pixmania.com

iVersa

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 12, 2006
London, UK
I bought a monitor from Pixmania.com through Amazon last week and have had very, very bad service.

I'm not normally one of your typical moany customers and very rarely complain about service and its usually more bother than its worth, but this has just got to me.

Here is the email I have just sent them.

Hi,

My order number is CCL065901536

I received the monitor I had bought from your company through amazon on friday, opened the box, set it up and noticed a dead pixel straight in the middle of the screen. Then I find a slip inside the box with notification of the dead pixel, I couldnt understand fully as it was in german, but I got the basic gist of things, it is as if this item has already been returned by a german customer and has been shipped straight to me.

I emailed this address requesting a refund, had not received a reply by monday afternoon so rang your customer service number. After 5 minutes of working out the right combination of options to select to actually talk to a human being, and then waiting a further 5 minutes to be connected, I spoke to someone who suggested I go to the pixmania website to submit a refund form.

I went to the website, tried to fill in the information but as the website is seemingly only built for windows internet browsers, I could not get past the first page using the Safari browser on my Mac. I called the customer service line up again and after literally 15 minutes of getting cut off and having to call back, waiting for no response, and then finally an answer - the lady I spoke insisted I print the page and would have the address on that I needed to send the monitor back to. That was a rediclous claim as printing the page simply would print what I was looking at, which was no address. This is fair enough though as I don't expect everyone to have full knowledge of how computers work, however when I simply asked for her to find out the address for me she said she was incapable of doing so!

She was insisting it was a very easy task for me to simply find the address, yet she could not even do so herself.

She then put me on hold for 10 minutes and came back saying that if an address was not on there then that meant I would have to send it back to france, she then proceeded to give me this french address.

I decided to download another internet browser (firefox) and tried with that, luckily I was able to fill out the returns form properly and within minutes recieved an email advising me that someone would come to COLLECT the item today or tomorrow (monday or tuesday).

Great problem solved! - Unfortunately not.

I work tuesday, wednesday and thursday and so if someone did not come monday (it was already 4pm) I'd have to either take tuesday off or rearrange for them to come friday.

So i rang up customer services again, waited a further 10 mins after being cut off various times, and asked if I could arrange for parcel force to come on friday, or at least make 100% certain that they'd be coming tuesday so I could take the day off work and get it sorted.

The lady told me she was incapable of doing this but advised I could do it by ringing parcel force and gave me the number.

So, I ring parcel force and am told they they cannot do this either as the order was made by Pixmania and only they could re-arrange collection times.

Once again I went through the annoyance of finally getting through to customer services at Pixmania, explained my situation and was told that if it had not come today (monday) then it would definately 100% be coming tuesday and so I was safe to take the day off work.

And now I am finally emailing because I took the day off work today and waited indoors all day, only for NO-ONE to come!

This really is the worse service ive ever had from an electrical company, and possibly any company, its such a shame.

I do not know what to do now but email this address (as the customer service advisers seem to know nothing about the company they work for and its procedures) and just wait for you guys to sort this out for me.

The next time someone could come to collect the monitor could be Saturday or monday, but I'd really need to know exactly when as theres no way Im waiting in again all day.

Please sort this out.

Thank you.
Greg - unhappy customer!
Be warned!

AP_piano295

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2005
heh heh i like the part where you find the old return slip in the box...but seriously thats really bad service.

iVersa

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 12, 2006
London, UK
Just thought I'd add, I made this thread almost a month ago now and still have the faulty monitor at my house.

Take a look at the companies Amazon Feedback, it looks like I wasnt just a one off unlucky case.

:rolleyes:

drlunanerd

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2004
UK
iVersa said:
Just thought I'd add, I made this thread almost a month ago now and still have the faulty monitor at my house.

Take a look at the companies Amazon Feedback, it looks like I wasnt just a one off unlucky case.

:rolleyes:
They've got a shop in Fulham I think. You could march down there and dump it with them. Ring your credit card and open a transaction dispute - get them to refund you as Pixmania are in breach of contract sending you used goods.

frenetic

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2004
Amsterdam
Yeah, Pixmania is not a good company... Bought a mobile from them, the thing works just fine, but they are extremely agressive in their marketing, it is almost impossible to unregister from their almost daily blurb (I had to download Opera to be able to unregister), and it took them 4 weeks to send me a mobile which was supposed to be in stock... I really don't trust them anymore. BTW, I think they are a French company, actually...

Cheers,

Frenetic

geese

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2003
London, UK
My experience at Pixmania has been better. Bought a Panasonic Lumic FX-01 from them at a decent price. Took it home- it was the French model. Luckily i was able to download an english manual from the Panasonic site, and find the language option in the camera menu. But it would have been nice if they told me it was an import model.

iVersa

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 12, 2006
London, UK
drlunanerd said:
They've got a shop in Fulham I think. You could march down there and dump it with them. Ring your credit card and open a transaction dispute - get them to refund you as Pixmania are in breach of contract sending you used goods.

Ahh, I asked them on the phone if there was a store in london, so I could do exactly what you have suggested. They told me they only deal online!

I managed to get a friend to take the monitor to his office and have arranged for pixmania to pick it up from there.

I couldnt get them to collect it from my own office because I travel for about an hour and a half up to north london on trains/tubes/bus and lugging the monitor would have been akward at best.

So I shall see what happens, it'll probably take them months and months to refund me if ever.

But if I hadnt just arranged for it to be collect elsewhere, I definately would have gone to the store in fulham!

MRU

Suspended
Aug 23, 2005
Other
I bought a printer and it was fecked. When they told me I had to pay for it to be sent back to them in France after paying for their insurance - i was rightly pissed off.

Awful customer service and possibly the worst of any consumer electronics website. They may be slighlty cheaper, but my god you really pay for it when somthing goes wrong. :eek:

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
This is exactly where your credit card company steps in. Give them a call and explain that you've made every effort to resolve the dispute, and they will get your money back for you much quicker than going through the retailer's procedures.

When VISA speaks, even the French listen :p

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
i've bought a camera from them, and used the free 30 photo's offer too.. service was very good.

i even recommended them to my dad who also bought a camera from them..

so far no troubles..

here's 1 good story about them :)

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Mar 14, 2005
We bought a Canon IXUS 700 from them about 18 months ago. Manual was in french and we picked it up from the Fulham store (just opposite Fulham FC Club shop) so it wasn't too bad that time. They do come up on this board quite frequently though - usually with bad reports.

I take it you'll be reading Amazon feedback reports before you purchase next time? ;)

dynamicv said:
This is exactly where your credit card company steps in. Give them a call and explain that you've made every effort to resolve the dispute, and they will get your money back for you much quicker than going through the retailer's procedures.

I've never had to go this far thankfully, but how quickly do the CC companies act in this sort of situation?

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
AlBDamned said:
I've never had to go this far thankfully, but how quickly do the CC companies act in this sort of situation?
The one time I went through it I had my money credited back to my account about three weeks later, with the credit card company keeping me informed of progress right the way through. I was quite impressed with the way they handled it.

Foggy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2006
London, UK
I must admit I found it very irritating when I bought a digital camera off them, opened it only to find a european plug on it. Didnt have a spare 3 pin plug anywhere and didnt have a european to UK plug adapter so ended up getting loads of grief off the missus (mainly because I cut the plug off her hair dryer) so I wont use them again.

MRU

Suspended
Aug 23, 2005
Other
Foggy said:
ended up getting loads of grief off the missus (mainly because I cut the plug off her hair dryer) so I wont use them again.
pixmania or hair dryers ;)

Gokhan

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2003
London
k

listen thst nothing compared to laptops direct and sony never again i say ppl you have been warned they are both **** 4 dead pixels and laptops direct wont even speack to me past 7 days can you belive this **** !!!