Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JW8725

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2005
UK
After today's events where Apple clearly showed no regard to the global economic climate I'm wondering whether people will be turning towards Hackintosh?

Illegal as it may be, people may not be deterred when you consider how cheap Apples competitors are and how easy it is now to use Leopard on non Apple machines.

I personally had my hopes high on a Netbook type device or at least a substantial price reduction on the Macbook. Instead here in England we got a price increase.

I would like to ask the house if they feel the dark side will have more members as a result of today's events? I strongly feel so.....I'm going there.:eek::eek:

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
I doubt it most consumers will love the new designs, and the pros will use Windows or linux because of the glossy screens, and they won't want to use a hackintosh.

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
I'd agree with mrkramer.

While the community here seems pretty pissed in general, it's not an accurate representation of Apple's market, really...

Consumers will love the new products, they'll lap them up.

Agreed on the price increase though - I can't fathom the reasons behind it, unless it's the exchange rates. The last big noticeable update in the UK saw the price drop from almost exactly what it's reverted to.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
I think something else will SWELL, and the Mac faithful will scorch their credit cards buying.

redmeister

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2007
reasonable argument, i could see it happening. but in the end its apple and people usually break down and buy

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
i dont think it will swell that much.

Most consumers arent smart enough to get a hackintosh working, theyd just buy a pc if they dont like the macbooks (just like every other person not buying apple)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.