I swear I think my house is haunted

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ctt1wbw, Oct 14, 2009.

1. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

We currently manage a Bed and Breakfast, just for a few more weeks. I could swear on a Bible that it's haunted. Down in the basement is where the washers and dryers are.

Two days ago I put our laundry in, put the detergent in, and shut the lids on both. This morning I went to change it out and one lid was open, hasn't even washed or rinsed. The laundry is just sitting in the water with the lid open.

Now this is not the first time this has happened. I know for a fact that I shut the doors of the washers when I walk back up and then later I go down there to find either one or both in the up and open position, not going.

Our B&B used to be a field hospital during the Civil War. It was built in 1840 something. So it wouldn't surprise me if it is not haunted. I think the Yankees are playing tricks on me??? Simply cuz I'm a Braves fan and hate the Yankees.

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

3. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Well I guess you'll just have to secretly set up a video camera to catch them. Or call in the ghostbusters.

But: you swear you think...you think you're certain?

4. ctt1wbw thread starter macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

No, she's out of town. And "I" do our laundry. I hate the way she folds. Drives me insane. She does the guest room laundry sometimes.

Okay, you got me. I had a MRI once but they didn't find anything... :D

And the video camera would be a cool idea. I wonder if anything like that has ever been officially and honestly documented on tape before? And I mean for real, not some Nickelodeon show...

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Call TAPS- the Ghost Hunters guys. You could be on TV. I love that show- they get to go to the coolest places. Sounds like yours would be something they'd be interested in investigating.

http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/

6. ctt1wbw thread starter macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

I'd love to do something like that, but I'm only here until the 25th or 26th. We be moving back home to Yorktown.

7. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

http://upc.*************/uploads/smilies/ghostbusters.gif

I think the video camera would be more useful in determining more reasonable explanations. Such as a guest messing about with your washers. If you get video of things moving around seemingly by themselves, I really want to see it.

8. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

You could tell the new managers and have them do it.

9. ctt1wbw thread starter macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

Well, it's not the guests. Our part of the house locks, and that is where the entrance to the basement is.. And yes, I'd love to get video of something...

Yeah, true that. I'll give it a shot.

10. sanPietro98 macrumors 6502a

sanPietro98

Has this only started happening in the past two days? Or has this been going on for a longer time?

11. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Off topic but a handy tip for using the forums: multi-quote - Click the [​IMG] button on each post you want to quote and reply to. Doing so will turn the button orange, like so: [​IMG] and when you go to post reply all the quotes will appear in your text box. Keeps things tidier not having consecutive posts and saves the moderators merging posts. :)

12. ctt1wbw thread starter macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

We've been running the place since May and I've noticed it sporadically since then.

13. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

Well this movie isn't real but for about $10,000 the director/writer managed to pull of a decent scare flick. The premise is a couple videotaping their surroundings as they try and figure out if there is a ghost messing with them. I jumped a few times.

Trailer

Attached Files:

14. ctt1wbw thread starter macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

That looks pretty interesting. I hope it won't be as much of a letdown as the Blair Witch Project. It was decent until the ending.