I :SWEAR: If it happens again!!!!! Iphone4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Sallen, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Sallen macrumors newbie

Hey guys, got my 4 on launch day and I absolutely love it. It's great! I do have a few reception issues but it's not bad, I deal with it and should be better when I get an otter or the ballistic hc( can't decide). Anyway enough bull. I really don't make or receive a lot of calls but when I do I hate to be interrupted. The last few calls I have noticed my 4 switches to speaker out if nowhere!!! Crazy!! I read some of you are having the same problem.(proximity )??? I want my issue resolved. I got it from AT&T and my ?? Is whom should I talk to about replacing or fixing my device??? I did get the apple protection plan if that makes any difference and I'm still in my 30 day mark. Hell my phone still has the factory screen and back plastic on it. Anyway if you guys can steer me in the right direction it would be gladly appreciated. Thanks.

2. zachcheatham macrumors regular

zachcheatham

Ya, sounds like you are having problems with your proximity sensor (as many are). Your best bet is to make an appointment at an Apple Genius Bar and see if they will swap out phones.

3. OlgaJ macrumors 6502

Start a repair order on the Apple site.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

Enter all the info they ask for. The site will assign a repair order number and give you options, one of which is to receive a call from a tech right away. Have them call you and go from there.

They will probably have you try a few things first and if they determine your phone is defective, they will exchange it for you. They do put a hold on your credit card till they receive your old phone but that's typical.

Sometimes you will have to first try what they recommend and then return to them a second time before they will exchange the phone.