Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RichardI

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 21, 2007
Southern Ontario, Canada
OK, I have officially joined the Mac "world".:p I just ordered my iMac (24") loaded with 4GB ram, and a 750GB drive. Should arrive at my door in a couple weeks. After much research and reading many posts here and at Mac Support Discussions, I have decided that I am a casual gamer (the iMac should handle that just fine) and the pluses of OSX far outweigh the minuses. I will upgrade to Leopard when it comes out. Goodbye Windoze...!! Woot! Woot!.
Rich :cool:

pcorajr

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2007
OK, I have officially joined the Mac "world".:p I just ordered my iMac (24") loaded with 4GB ram, and a 750GB drive. Should arrive at my door in a couple weeks. After much research and reading many posts here and at Mac Support Discussions, I have decided that I am a casual gamer (the iMac should handle that just fine) and the pluses of OSX far outweigh the minuses. I will upgrade to Leopard when it comes out. Goodbye Windoze...!! Woot! Woot!.

Congrats, How long is it going to take for you to get the computer? hope it is soon. I was in the same predicament also. i play games occasionally so for me and what i want to do it is a better choice to go with the iMac.

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
Welcome to the club! You can pick up your name badge and your decoder ring at the table on the left. That's a great machine you've got, and it'll last you a long, long time.

cah87

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2007
Congrats bro it almost feels like once you say bye to windoze you feel like you just let out a deep dark secret that has been eating at you forever

Jayrod

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2006
Arizona
Congratulations! Welcome aboard. I actually switched over about 3 or 4 years ago. Your computing experience will never be the same. A representative will meet you shortly to teach you the secret handshake.

rainydays

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2006
OK, I have officially joined the Mac "world".:p I just ordered my iMac (24") loaded with 4GB ram, and a 750GB drive.

You do realize that the RAM that Apple sells you cost three times as much as if you buy it from a third party right? The RAM is the only thing that's user upgradable on the iMac.

Perhaps you knew about it and don't care about the money. Just wanted to make sure :)

mmzplanet

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2004
Florida
I originally switched into a iMac G4 back in 2003. From there I went to a G4 Mini --> iMac G5 ---> now one of the new iMacs.

I only need windows for one thing.... FS2004 and all the FlyTampa scenery and PMDG aircraft I collected :)

RainCityMacFan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2007
NC
Congrats and enjoy the ride, you also get the privilege of saying "been there" or laughing at Window users w/ blue screens.

RichardI

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 21, 2007
Southern Ontario, Canada
You do realize that the RAM that Apple sells you cost three times as much as if you buy it from a third party right? The RAM is the only thing that's user upgradable on the iMac.

Perhaps you knew about it and don't care about the money. Just wanted to make sure :)

Yep, I knew. I spent since 1985 installing RAM, processors, fans, motherboards, video cards, hard dirves, CD readers, DVD reader/writers - sorry got carried away;).
I want off that merry-go-round. I couldn't be happier and it's not even here yet.:D

l33r0y

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2007
I originally switched into a iMac G4 back in 2003. From there I went to a G4 Mini --> iMac G5 ---> now one of the new iMacs.

I only need windows for one thing.... FS2004 and all the FlyTampa scenery and PMDG aircraft I collected :)

Would be interesting to know how the new iMac 2.4 runs FS2004.... that's one I'll be playing...

cloudstrife13

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2007
Congrats I hope you love it.

I started using Macs a while back, I was asked by a company to do some work for them but they only used Mac and I had never used a Mac before. They let me borrow an old Mac to learn how to use it, within no time I was doing many jobs for this company and now I work there 3 days a week doing many different things.

I was so happy with my Mac experience at work I got a Powerbook G4, it was the latest model before they got replaced by the MacBook Pro and I love it (writing this post on it)

Now I have just recently ordered my 24" iMac 2.8GHz and am waiting for it to be delivered.

I will never be able to switch fully over, there is a few PC games a play with my friends that I can't give up just yet. But I like OS X much better and use it most of the time.

I hope you enjoy your new mac!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.