Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
WildCowboy said:
Don't beat yourself up over it...Microsoft does make some decent mice.
Completely agree.

While I like my Mighty Mouse when it works, I do like my Microsoft tackball optical mouse.

Attachments

• Microsoft Trackball Optical Mouse.jpg
    Microsoft Trackball Optical Mouse.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 72

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2005
While I have the Logitech MX1000, I have to agree that Microsoft does make very good mice.

I have a two button scrollwheel MS Intellimouse and it works as good as it did when I bought it...

mmmdreg

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2002
Sydney, Australia
Yeah mouses are a subjective thing.. Personally I like the mighty mouse. Every now and then the roller ball becomes silly but that can be fixed.. and every now and then the side buttons seem overly sensitive but they may be the way I was holding it.. Overall, it works for me!

OMGteh.nterweb

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2006
It's ok

Those MS mice are really good. There's a simple explanation..... Microsoft doesn't make them. It's a third party who makes them and licenses the MS name. It used to be logitec a while back but they may have switched. I haven't used one in forever.

I have a cheap ass GE mouse, Yes that's right General Electric. I bought it at target. (another example of a third party making something for a name brand)

quigleybc

macrumors 68030
OCOTILLO said:
I have had trouble with the scroll wheel on my Mighty Mouse almost since I first got it. Today it finally quit all together. So, I went to Best Buy and bought a cheap MS wired mouse that does all I want to do, at far less than half the cost.

Dude, all you need to do is clean the ball thing.

My MM has stopped scrolling three times now.

All I do is put it upside down on a damp cloth or paper towel, and rub the ball thing back and forth over and over.

THen, I digg down into the ball thing and scroll it like crazy.

That has always cleaned out whatever got in there.

Try it before you toss it.

OCOTILLO

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 25, 2005
Houston, TX
Been there, done that.

quigleybc said:
Dude, all you need to do is clean the ball thing.

My MM has stopped scrolling three times now.

All I do is put it upside down on a damp cloth or paper towel, and rub the ball thing back and forth over and over.

THen, I digg down into the ball thing and scroll it like crazy.

That has always cleaned out whatever got in there.

Try it before you toss it.
The guy at the Genius bar tested my Mighty Mouse and agree it was toast. There was apparently more wrong than just the scroll wheel which was definetly bad.

Sedulous

macrumors 68030
Dec 10, 2002
I've been fairly happy with the plain ol Apple Wireless Mouse. My hands are always on the keyboard anyway so it is like a 100+ button mouse.

quigleybc

macrumors 68030
OCOTILLO said:
The guy at the Genius bar tested my Mighty Mouse and agree it was toast. There was apparently more wrong than just the scroll wheel which was definetly bad.

Oh well

at least you/he tried that method first.

I was ready to toss the thing off my balcony before I cleaned it, and I'm glad I didn't now.

I still think the MM sucks though. it's awkward, and isn't ergonomic and isn't accurate...but it IS like over $75.00 here in Canada, and I paid that much too. so it's not going anywhere.

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
Kingsly said:
I read your title and thought "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Then I read the post and thought "oh"
I have the Microsoft S+ARCK (w/ the glowy orange stripe) mouse and I love it. Occasionally I'll move the mouse and the pointer on-screen will have a spaz attack, flying all over the screen like some crazed PC user. Must be some weird driver issue... oh well, I love my mouse. It accents my room nicely and is comfortable.
I have the same one, with the blue stripe as I thought it looked better, it flies across the screen too but it is pretty good apart from that.:cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.