I sync'd.... now I'm sunc! -I beg for help!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by John L, Apr 5, 2011.

1. John L macrumors newbie

I have an iphone and ipad that I sync with a Windows XP PC.

I sync the calendar, email, notes, and contacts on the iPhone and Ipad with MS Outlook on the desktop PC. Been working like a gem for a while now.

The other night, I go to sync the iPhone and iTunes says that a newer software version is available for iPhone. I approve it to update the 4.3 OS to OS 4.3.1. All good.

Same night I sync the iPad. Same notice. I update it also. (not sure what version it was though, 4.3 I think?).

Anyway, next morning I pull up MS Outlook on the desktop PC and am shocked to find ALL CALENDAR ENTRIES GONE!! except for the last 2 weeks. 3 years worth of stuff previous to the last 2 weeks... all gone. Email is fine, Notes are fine, Contacts are fine. I check the iPhone and iPad and they have the exact same deletions, perfectly in sync with the desktop PC.

I dont know what I did? I have sync'd and updated these devices many times and never had a problem. The missing calendar entries are VERY important to my business and I am really dying here. Any advice to help me get this info back would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

It seems that in iTunes with the new software there is a setting for syncing only the last 2 weeks.

The suggestion will be to restore from one of your Backups, so you go back to the previous backup you have before the last update.

3. John L thread starter macrumors newbie

4. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord