i synced 2 phones on itunes under one name

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sambonik, Mar 8, 2011.

1. sambonik macrumors newbie

i synced my wifes new phone on itunes and it said new phone and i clicked no and so it deleted all her info and we now have two phones the same (contacts, messages and so on). i have reset her iphone but itunes is still recognising it by it serial no. etc. how do i remove it from itunes and put it back on as her own? help!

2. jman240 macrumors 6502a

Not quite sure what you're asking. Are you trying to reset her phone and sync it fresh or has it been sync'd with another computer before and you just want to restore that information from backup.?

There is a right click menu in iTunes http://www.rickysays.com/images/iphone/iphone-backup-transfer-purchases-menu.jpg Maybe that is what you are looking for? You would want the restore from backup option.

3. sambonik thread starter macrumors newbie

itunes sync

thanks rick i will try and explain what i have done. i have connected a new iphone to an existing itunes account and chosen the wrong option. it asked if it was a new phone and i said no. i think clicked on my phone details and it automatically reset the new phone and put everything from my itunes ac on it. trouble is it did the same with contacts etc.

so i have reset the iphone and reconnected assuming that itunes will again ask if this is a new phone, but it recognised it still and again reloaded all the original phones info...

does that make any sense?

4. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Just select restore, "Restore As New", and set up as a new phone. It will put it back like it was.

5. sambonik thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you

:d:d:d