I-Tech Virtual Laser Keyboard and the iPad

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sonnymooks, Jun 13, 2010.

1. sonnymooks macrumors newbie

Quick question, does anyone know if the I-Tech Virtual Laser Keyboard or any virtual laser keyboard is compatible with the iPad ?

http://www.virtual-laser-keyboard.com/

I believe this is bluetooth, and I think, but am not sure, that all blue tooth keyboards are compatible with the iPad.....

Does anyone out there know or have any experience with this or any other virtual type keyboard ?

Any help or advice or guidance would be very greatfully appreciated.

2. Ethnarg macrumors newbie

I dont know if you can connect it, but I do know about the keyboard itself, and I am wondering why you need it. My dad had that same keyboard, and it was cool for about a day, but it really doesnt work all that well. It certainly wouldnt work better than the keyboard on the iPad.

3. sonnymooks thread starter macrumors newbie

Personally, I just like it, it looks cool, and occasionally, instead of typing on the iPad itself, I could put it in a stand, and just whip this thing out instead of using a full blown keyboard.

4. Vylen macrumors 65816

Why would you waste money on something with poor functionality just cause it looks cool? Oh wait, you have an iPad...

heheh Just Kidding :p

From the looks of the support it has on Mac OS X, it functions and behaves just like any other bluetooth keyboard and so should be fine on the iPad, but just like OS X, since there's no native drivers/software, you won't be able to set the brightness or the key repeat rate.