I think a found a perfect all in one for 2G!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by lindsayanng, Aug 10, 2008.

1. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

I have been in search of an all in one charge/fm transmitter for my iphone that has a mic. on it for handsfree calling.. all of the ones that i have seen are like the tunebase which has the gooseneck coming directly out of the plug, which WILL NOT work in my phone..

so then i found this one which seems perfect, but i want all your opinions on it.

This one is from walmart and it's REALLY expensive - surprisingly.. but this one actually SAYS that it has a microphone in it.

walmart fm transmitter/bluetooth

HOLY CRAP - after searching, walmart is like, $50 more then a BUNCH of other websites!

2. NotFound macrumors 6502a

NotFound

3. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

if it aint availble online...OR in Store...where in bloddy hell IS it availible?

4. aphexii macrumors 6502

In spirit? :)

5. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

I.didnt want a comment on the store that I linked it to, they have it on amazon and a few other websites.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the actual product?

6. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

i am about to pull the trigger on this one and just buy it to see if it works for me.. i am SOO frustrated with all of this, and i have been going crazy trying to find a GOOD temporary system for my car.

7. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

well, it obviously seems like no one CARES abotu this, but i went ahead and got it through amazon at a good deal. I ALOT better that $150! but anyways... its on its way.

HOPE IT WORKS - since no one here had ANY feedback other than "failed"

8. ismoker macrumors member

ismoker

9. thelarster macrumors newbie

Lindsay - report back if this works.... I'd be interested in a review.

Thanks!

10. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

Definitely found it more annoying than funny to be honest.

11. schubes macrumors regular

schubes

Would care if they offered a 3G version...

12. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

I have an iLuv dock that i got with my nano the build quality is great and do is the sound quality! It seems like their products are made well, although $150 :eek:

13. schubes macrumors regular

schubes

Its half that at amazon

14. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

I'm also glad to hear from soemone who has used iluv's products. I'm excited about getting this

Schubes
    I know, i already posted four website who all sell it for under $85. I just used the walmart link because it was the first one i found, and it had all the specs.
    As for the 3G - i'm not asking you to care. If you dont care, then why did you open this thread that SPECIFICALLY said FOR 2G?!

I was really looking for input on how the bluetooth would work, and if anyone has used it before.

15. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

well, now i just CANT WAIT to get it in the mail.. I am all about instant gratification./

16. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

I just got an email back from the iLuv manufacturer.. They said that the bluetooth is NOT for transmitting the music and calls through the speaker, it is for when you use the item for your iPod instead of an iPhone.. so if you have an iphone and a regular phone, you can set up your regular phone to work through the ipod holder's bluetooth.. the bluetooth is not needed and will not work for the iphone because of lack of A2DP support.. but it DOES use the external mic and the fm trasmitter for hands free calling on the iphone.. hense the uselessness of bluetooth for the iphone..

I will report more when i actually GET it. It just shipped today, should get it in about 5 days - HOPEFULLY