I think a guy is going to scam me on ebay...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by thechidz, May 3, 2008.

1. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

I sold a classical guitar for 2000 on ebay and the guy waited a week to pay for it, claimed he was waiting for a new credit card to come... I get the sneaky suspicion this guy is going to make a chargeback claim on the guitar when he gets it, saying I didnt list something on it or maybe even claiming the cc was stolen (although I have the emails to prove against that) I want to just cancel the sale but what can I do now?

2. Music_Producer macrumors 68000

What is his feedback like? I don't think anything is fishy if he is waiting for a new card to use .. if he is paying via PayPal .. make sure he pays with a confirmed address. Make sure you ship to that confirmed address only, with signature confirmation.

If you ship to a confirmed address with signature confirmation, you will be fine. I have gone through multiple chargebacks from idiotic buyers.. but I follow the rules of shipping to confirmed addresses with signature confirmation, and I have never lost a claim.

3. smokeyrabbit macrumors 6502

Are you using PayPal or your merchant account to process the charge? If PayPal, follow the advice above. If your own account, follow the advice above and only ship signature required, and you should be protected from chargebacks.