I think Apple really did just change the way we will pay

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by penajmz, Sep 11, 2014.

1. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

I saw this as I went to log in to my Chase account. :apple:PAY is definitely getting the push it needs to succeed.[​IMG]

2. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

I do agree that having apple pushing this it will gain much more acceptance then it ever has.

For me, not much will change, I use cash for most things other than monthly bills (those I pay through my CU bill pay).

I do however have a debit card that use exactly 12 times a month so I can get 2.5% interest on my CU checking acct so I may assign that to apple pay just for fun and to look like a “hip old man” at subway.

3. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

This is why Apple was smart about not including NFC in the 5 or 5s: there was not a lot of support for it built or curated yet. In like 2 years we'll see this as the primary method of payment for a lot of people at most major stores and it will be a great day. I hate dealing with change, receipts, and signing stuff for purchases with my card.

4. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I am not "hugging" this yet but will watch with interest! I have been looking and most places I shop do not have NFC so it will still take some time for this to take off!

I would rather trust Apple that Google on a pay system!

5. penajmz thread starter macrumors 68030

penajmz

I can say I defintely trust Apple more than google. Remember, Goolgle is in the business of harvesting consumer personal information to sell ads, Apple isn't.