i think at&t sent me the wrong color phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sakau2007, Sep 24, 2014.

1. sakau2007 macrumors 6502

i ordered space gray and it sure looks silver to me. it is almost the exact same color as my 2012 macbook air. in pictures like

[​IMG]

...it sure looks like the space gray should be darker. also the back of my phone where the camera and flash are as well as the bezel near the bottom are the same color as the rest of the phone... not black or white.

2. chasescott66 macrumors member

chasescott66

Those are picture of the iPhone 5s, the colors on the 6/+ are different shades.

3. Taco1933 macrumors 6502

The picture you posted is of a 5 or 5s. The 6's don't look like that. The space grey is a very light grey dark silver. If the front is black, that's space grey.

4. carrerascott macrumors regular

Space Gray is the new space gray. It's not the old space gray.

5. BrettDS macrumors 65816

If you're serious about this, then flip the phone over. The space grey is black on the front and the silver is white on the front.

That said, my wife got space grey and I got silver. The colors of the backs of both of our phones is very similar. Hers is slightly darker, but not significantly.

6. futch macrumors 6502

futch

7. sakau2007 thread starter macrumors 6502

okay the front of my phone is black so i guess it is space gray...

it just happens to be a lot lighter than i was expecting. not a big deal, but surprised me a little.

i guess i thought the space gray was going to be the same as the previous generation.