I think I already messed up my iPhone 6's software! D:

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iParis, Sep 19, 2014.

1. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

This issue was also here when iOS 7 came out or when the iOS 7 jailbreak was released, I don't remember.

Anyway, it doesn't show the weather or currency traffic in my notification center. And yes, they're both enabled. I did restore my iPhone 6 from a jailbroken iPhone 5 7.0.6 backup, so that's probably the cause of the problem.

Maybe resetting all settings will fix it?

2. trueimage macrumors newbie

set up as a new phone and sync from icloud...

3. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

Start fresh and see if it works. Then, restore again. If the problem comes back then it's the restore.

4. iParis thread starter macrumors 68040

iParis

Excuse me, what? I'm sorry, but I really, really, really don't think that is going to work. I hate iCloud backups anyway, extremely unreliable. I have 4400+ pictures, no way am I going to wait for all of those to load over wifi.

5. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

Don't do a restore from backup. Just do a fresh install via iTunes. Fixed.

6. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

The fix has been given to you, if you don't want to fix it with it then don't complain. You should always set up as a new phone. Wtf do you need 4400 pictures on your phone for anyway?

7. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

Restoring from a JB backup and you're having problems? I'm shocked!

If you don't want to deal with doing things the hard way, don't JB.

8. iParis, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2014

iParis thread starter macrumors 68040

iParis

: \ But 4000 pictures. And all my text messages.. I could just lose the text messages and use the app SimpleTransfer for my pictures from one device to another, but when I did that with my i4 -> i5 a good majority of them came out sideways and I don't feel like dealing with that again.

I think I'll just reset all settings as a first route.

Well yeah, I knew that would be a fix, but I wanted one where I would lose a lot or that would be a pain in the ass. Maybe I don't need them, but I'm not going through them any time soon. They're all the way back to my 2nd gen iPod touch.

----------

Lol, like I didn't think I wouldn't have a problem. That's not what this was about though.

9. LostMyiPhone macrumors 6502

Logs into macrumors seeking advice

gets advice and rejects it

lol, good luck!!

10. iParis thread starter macrumors 68040

iParis

You know what guys? I'm really, really glad I didn't restore. All I had to do was reset all settings and I was cherry! Trust me, I could have fixed it, I was merely seeking second opinions and thoughts on my idea before moving forward.

You want to know why I rejected it? Because that would make it work, technically, I knew that already, but I wanted an alternative route. Or even a second opinion on the one I put in the first post, which ended up fixing it.

11. iParis thread starter macrumors 68040

iParis

Hm. Maybe I only partially fixed it. Nothing really showed up under stocks and weather didn't show up. It did however show my calendar and birthdays, which I don't really care about though. I restored via iLex Rat and I'm gonna see how that works once I backup my i5 again and then do another restore from backup.

12. trueimage macrumors newbie

save the photos from your phone and then re-sync them back to the phone (using image capture on mac works fine)

13. iParis thread starter macrumors 68040

iParis

Sync them with iPhoto or something else? I would have probably jumped on that idea, but I want to be able to delete these pictures.

14. iParis thread starter macrumors 68040

iParis

You know what? We were all wrong. I don't even wanna talk about it anymore. Fu** jailbreaking. >.<