I think I am screwed, but I will ask anyway

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by enzoshadow, Jul 24, 2008.

1. enzoshadow macrumors member

I've got my refurb 16GB iphone from ATT for just 2 months.
    3 days ago, it just couldn't charge, sync or detect by my computers anymore. I've tried reinstall itune, changing USB ports, change to other computer, tried the wall charger, my spare USB sync cable. Nothing works. Although one werid thing is my car charger is able to charge it. I've also change to DFU mode, but the computer still doesn't detect, so I couldn't restore it either.
    Now my phone is unlocked, so obviously I couldn't send it in for repair, and I couldn't relock, because it wouldn't detect. I really need some help.
    Any advice would be very helpful.
    Thank you so much.

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Likely the Car Adapter was Firewire Based, which uses different pins on the Dock Connector for the power connection than USB. It sounds as though all aspects of USB are no longer working on your phone. Definitely get it replaced.

3. enzoshadow thread starter macrumors member

But the problem is mine is unlocked, and I couldn't relock it, because the computer cannot detect the iphone.

4. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Well, in the immortal words of every middle schooler in the US since 1990.... "Sucks to be you".

Apple will not help you because you did not follow the rules. Likely something got fried.

You may want to search online for a service to repair your phone, or an alternative way to relock it.

TEG