I think i bricked my iPhone. =(

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Iccy, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Iccy macrumors newbie

So far my experience with modding has been clean enough. Ive read all the forums and had a 1.0.2 modded phone, upgraded to 1.1.1 and downgraded all with a far bit of ease. But today i got a new update on the installer on my 1.0.2 modded phone and it said to upgrade to 1.1.1. So i did a clean restore and via instructions in various places i used jailbreak to crack it open. Well i went to the link provided to crash safari in 1.1.1 and preceeded to jailbreak and now it just is stuck on the apple icon. I can reboot, but itunes cant see it, jailbreak doesnt do anything and app tapp doesnt do anything ( which is 1.0.2 anyway, but i figured hey might as well try ). Right now its on this rebooting cycle where it stays on the apple logo for a few minutes, it vibrates, then the wheel comes up and spins on the logo then it beeps like when you dock it and then after a while reboots.

So am i iPhucked? Any help in any direction would be so much appreciated. I use this thing for work and it would really sting to drop 450 this weekend cause of this :(

Thnx for anything guys.

2. ecks618 macrumors 6502

ecks618

Bring it to the apple store, if you restored it before you started the hack the apple store wont be able to see any third party apps on there.

3. Vegeta-san macrumors 6502

Hahaha...Good thing I read this. I was in the same exact position last night at 1 am (trying to play some Team Fortress 2 but wanted to hack my iPhone first...). I tried the one click 1.1.1 hack and did something wrong (know for sure it was my fault), and my phone did EXACTLY what yours is doing now. Just stayed at the Apple logo loading screen forever. But, I have the firm conviction that this phone is UN-brickable thanks to good product design and underlying engineering, so I was not worried at all. Instead, I just held down both "Home" button and "Sleep/Wake" button for an eternity, letting the iPhone restart and restart (without me letting go), until it finally gave me the "iPhone cable pointing to iTunes" picture (which means you can now connect this phone to iTunes). I did so, let it completely restore, and then started to hack it again when it was done....BUt I made sure to do it correctly this time...lol, I hope this helped you. Please respond if it did. Going back to study Organic Chemistry now...Fun!

4. jazsm1 macrumors newbie

Thanks Vegeta-san. Pressing the buttons for Eternity worked. I was almost iPhucked but thanks to you.

5. draminicaus macrumors newbie

Curiosity killed my iPhone

Hoo Boy...Alright, I recently bought an iPhone 4. I was going to give my old 3G away to a friend, but I had gotten a little curious about one of the safety features I have set.

The "Erase data after 10 failed attempts" option.

I was curious to see if that would delete all of the info and make my phone the default, straight-from-the-store phone I had. I think I bricked it. It will go to the apple symbol for about 10 seconds and then shut itself back off.

Is there any way to fix this or am I going to have a seriously disappointed friend?

6. wingsabr macrumors 6502

wingsabr

holy thread zombies batman. this thing is 3 years old!

7. wingsabr macrumors 6502

wingsabr

oh and just plug it into iTunes and do a restore. It's most likely in recovery mode...

8. ItouchMe macrumors regular

ItouchMe

i must give "draminicaus" credit for searching a thread from three years ago just so that a new thread didn't have to be made and people complain. Good Job!

9. draminicaus macrumors newbie

Heh

I've got it plugged into iTunes. It doesn't stay on long enough for iTunes to detect it. :/

10. labman macrumors 604

labman

11. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Another wonder what will happen if I push this button thread :eek:

12. labman macrumors 604

labman

13. WilliamG macrumors G3

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42! It's the only way!

14. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

+4 Thread Necromancy

15. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Think what would have happened had he not pushed the button though! :eek: Oops, wrong thread.:eek:

16. powers74 macrumors 68000

powers74

holding...

holding...

holding...

what is an eternity?

10sec? 30sec? 5min?

I think this thing is B.R.I.C.K.E.D.

nevermind:eek:

17. draminicaus macrumors newbie

Ha!

Yeah, it was a "Hey, I wonder what'll happen if I do this?" thing. I learned....Shut gets ****ed up when you do that. Lol did I listen after it said "iPhone disabled?" Nooo....

Anyway....I figured out how to get into recovery mode. I have it restored, but don't have an iPhone 3G backup for it....So, now my question is....Any idea where a guy can get a version 3.whatever backup? Lol Should I start a new thread?