I think I Bricked my iPhone4.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Mr. Incredible, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Mr. Incredible, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012

Mr. Incredible macrumors 6502a

Its in this endless loop with the apple logo, and then the spinning icon.

I tried fixing this with TinyUmbrella, and it didn't work.
    I held the home and power button for 10 seconds, and continued holding onto the home button until iTunes recognized the iPhone.
    iTunes tells me that it's in recovery mode and wants me to restore.
    I click the restore button, and it's not restoring; it says "The iPhone 'iPhone' cannot be restored at this time because the iPhone software update server could not be contacted or is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later".

I've been trying to fix it for the past hour, and nothing is working. I need some help. :/

EDIT: Nevermind, I finally got it fixed and downgraded to iOS 5.0.1. Never updating again, and probably never gonna get another iPhone again. :D

2. ANinjaPeanut macrumors member

Open up TinyUmbrella, you probably have the cydia host box checked. Uncheck that box and exit TinyUmbrella, try again.
    If that doesn't work then download an .ipsw and shift+restore. Good luck :)

3. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Another "bricked" phone magically unbricked.

What a meaningless term this is at this forum. The miseducation of forum users continues merrily on.

4. Synergie macrumors 6502a

I think we need to come up with a new term like Tempa-Bricked ( temporarily bricked ) which would account for 99% of issues - software issues...

Perma-Bricked would be reserved for hardware issues or those rare times an iPhone gets drive over by a car or goes for a swim permanently turning it into a brick.

5. iFiend macrumors 65816

This post is full of win. I was opening the thread to say this, and since I didn't have to, figured you deserved the ups :)

Carry on.