I think I broke my keyboard, please help!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by sunaspike, May 6, 2009.

1. sunaspike macrumors newbie

I was removing the keys on my MacBook and cleaning it out, and when I replaced the first one, it still worked. I turned off my computer to finish the rest and when I turned it back on, none of them worked.

Did I completely break it, or is this fixable? :(

2. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

Did something moist accidentally come in touch with the connections? If you took the keys off, wiped them with a moist towel or something, then replaced them the moistness could have affected the connections.

3. sunaspike thread starter macrumors newbie

I had a damp q-tip, but I guess that's the same thing. Is it completely dead then? There's no chance of fixing it? :(

4. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

Shucks, that looks to be the problem then. Looks like the dampness inflicted upon the circuitry may have caused it to malfunction / the connections to stop working. That's the only reason I can think of, since plenty of users have taken the keys off without any negative consequences.

Leave the macbook alone for about a day and see if it comes to tomorrow. if it doesn't, take it in to an apple store and see what they say in any case. You'll have to pay the repairs yourself though, unfortunately.

EDIT: Always, always, always wait until the keys are fully dry before replacing!!!

5. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

What was it damp with? Let thing dry out and learn your lesson.

Wet+computers= no good.

6. Nocturnal22 macrumors 6502

^^^^Agree

I keep my Computers bone Dry especial around the circuits if its dead you might be screwed you could try to take it to apple and see if they can fix it hopefully they water sensor didnt get wet.