I think I found a bug with photos app!

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by eroxx, Sep 24, 2014.

1. eroxx macrumors 6502a

Hi everyone. If I edit a picture, and then connect my iPhone to my Mac, my Mac sees only the original picture and not the edited picture. I also noticed the same behavior using photo stream.??

2. TJ61 macrumors 6502a

I think this is the intended behavior. In marketing mat'l I've seen for iOS 8, they make a point of saying the editing you do on the device does not affect the original.

I know in iOS7, the edits applied to a photo were maintained in some instances of transfer off the device, and not in others. For instance, if I edited a photo, then texted it, the edited version would transfer. But, if I connected the iPhone to my computer, and transferred contents of the camera roll via drag and drop, the original would transfer.

3. eroxx thread starter macrumors 6502a

That seems ridiculous. What if I want my edited pics to transfer? I get the whole non destructive thing, but that defeats the point of being able to edit

4. tkao2025 macrumors regular

I have to say this does seem stupid. Why offer all this editing applications if you can't save it to your computer. Mind as well just transfer and than edit.

5. fivedots macrumors 6502a

I think the missing link here is the new Photos app for Mac that hasn't been released yet.

6. tkao2025 macrumors regular

I hope you are right and that they also fix photo stream.

7. iososx macrumors 6502a

iososx

It works great for me, time after time no problem.

8. tkao2025 macrumors regular

Are you on iPhone 6 using iOS8 and Maverick? Not sure why time after time it's problem of me:(

9. iososx macrumors 6502a

iososx

Yes