I think I got a free iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bwillard92, Sep 19, 2014.

1. bwillard92 macrumors newbie

So basically last Sunday I pre-ordered the iPhone 6 from T-Mobile and it arrived today. My bank account was never charged and when I called T-Mobile to activate it they couldn't find any record of my order. They also told me I needed to go to a T-Mobile store to activate it. I really can't just call them on the phone to set it up?

2. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

Try putting a T-mobile SIM in it to see if it works.

T-mobile certainly does have the power to tell whether they have been paid for a device or not.

However, if the device is unlocked you could provision it on another carrier like MetroPCS or AT&T

3. Ezra923 macrumors regular

Same here but mine was instore pick up and activated but still not charged

4. bwillard92 thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't have a t-mobile sim. This was going to be a new account.

5. james92se macrumors 6502a

They will charge you months later. I guarantee you have zero chance of actually getting a free phone. Two years ago on my 5 AT&T did an initial pending charge on my account for a few days, then it dropped off completely and I wasn't actually charged for another two months.

6. Gshox macrumors regular

^another 2 months? sounds fishy. I wouldnt stand for being charged 2 months later.

you may have gotten away with it. I suggest getting a pre paid sim card at the store, activating your account, then upgrading it to a normal account if you were going to get one anyway which it seems like you were.

7. jtp098 macrumors 6502a

8. Ezra923 macrumors regular

Not true my iphone 5 was never charged to this day.

9. fmalloy macrumors 6502

Cellular carriers make a lot of mistakes but not getting your money in their hot little hands is not one of them.

10. burnside macrumors 6502

Exactly. Wishful thinking if you think they're not going charge you for the phone. :(

11. gabo864 macrumors 6502a

gabo864

Same happened to me! they haven't charged me for the phone! :S

12. sleepyking macrumors 6502

This is a precise way of putting it

13. Sherifftruman macrumors 6502

I noticed that after all the wackiness with ATT and the multiple holds causing my card to decline the real charge, delayed dates and then the phone shipped anyway, they didn't charge my card yet. ATT is just drunk.