iPad mini I Think I Got A Winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghsNick

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 25, 2010
Just swapped out my Air. I said I wouldn't and I did. Got the rMini. Took a side by side photo comparing it to my moms iPad 4 and I think the screen on the rMini is pretty good (not yellow lol).

I noticed hers runs a little reddish? And mine a tiny bit yellow. But I feel like I've seen worse.

This was at full brightness.

Let me know what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:

nStyle

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2009
I've got to where I don't even care about the native tint on the display anymore, just the uniformity. It looks like yours is, at least, very uniform. I switched from Air to Mini too because I got so sick of the differences in Air screens. I'll admit my Mini has uniformity issues so I may be back yet again.

ghsNick

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 25, 2010
I've got to where I don't even care about the native tint on the display anymore, just the uniformity. It looks like yours is, at least, very uniform. I switched from Air to Mini too because I got so sick of the differences in Air screens. I'll admit my Mini has uniformity issues so I may be back yet again.
Been reading through some threads. Looks like Pegatron ones from Week 49 and later aren't having issues?

Guess I got lucky.

Attachments

FrankB1191

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2013
Pennsylvania
I've found that pics taken this way don't offer an accurate representation of what our eyes see. That doesn't mean I doubt you've found a good rMini, as I found an EXCELLENT rMini today. The local Walmart just received a new batch of rMini and Air tablets, and I bought a 128GB rMini. The screen's uniformity is much better than the specimen I bought a couple of weeks ago. It tends toward white/warm, and makes the Air I have look rather blue.

Enjoy your new treasure! :)

It's a week 46 Foxconn build for those who follow that sort of thing. ;)

nj1266

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2012
Long Beach, CA
I've found that pics taken this way don't offer an accurate representation of what our eyes see. That doesn't mean I doubt you've found a good rMini, as I found an EXCELLENT rMini today. The local Walmart just received a new batch of rMini and Air tablets, and I bought a 128GB rMini. The screen's uniformity is much better than the specimen I bought a couple of weeks ago. It tends toward white/warm, and makes the Air I have look rather blue.

Enjoy your new treasure! :)

It's a week 46 Foxconn build for those who follow that sort of thing. ;)

I have a week 46 as well. What is the serial number?

kwajkat

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2009
Thanks for link. My mini was made week 44 at the DL China Foxconn. Have no problems with mine at all other than a slight vibration of the screen when I play music on it.

Dlanod

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2008
UK
I have a Pegatron week 47 one that's pretty good after 4 horrid Foxconn ones. It's not perfect but the best I've seen.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
I have a week 45 from DL and its perfect. I think the odds are higher you get a good rMini then the inverse.

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
Keep looking, sure you will find something. (Just kidding!) I think I have finally decided on an rMini to replace my iPad 3, now just need to wait to get caught up to pay for it.

SenorDD

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2013
Looks yellow to me, but if that's one of the better one's I guess I should keep the one I have, which is pretty close to that.

ghsNick

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 25, 2010
Just got another one due to a home button issue. Here's how it compares.

Last edited by a moderator:

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
Lol. What isn't uniform about the second picture. I'm looking for problems and I can't see anything bad lol
Well as long as "you" can't, that's all that matters. Personally, if those pictures are representative, I can see the difference between your two pictures without even clicking on the thumbnails.

solosdk

macrumors regular
Nov 24, 2013
Release day

Mine is this

Nice Name: iPad mini Retina (Gen-2 WiFi)
Machine Model: iPad4,4
Family name: A1489
Group1: iPadMini
Group2: WiFi
Generation: 2
CPU speed: 1.3GHz
Screen size: 7.9 inch
Screen resolution: 2046x1536 pixels
Colour: Space Gray
Production year: 2013
Production week: 43 (October)
Model introduced: 2013
Capacity: 16GB
Memory - flavour: xx
Factory: DL (China - Foxconn

I have a launch day rMini. No problems, no yellow screen, no image retention etc

Must be lucky

ghsNick

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 25, 2010
Well as long as "you" can't, that's all that matters. Personally, if those pictures are representative, I can see the difference between your two pictures without even clicking on the thumbnails.
And I'm asking you to point out the difference? Where is this "supposed" difference between the two?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.