I think I got screwed by Fedex, or even my neighbors

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TheRuggedLion, Nov 29, 2007.

1. TheRuggedLion macrumors member

TheRuggedLion

So I open up Safari a few days ago, and on Woot.com they had an iRobot Scooba for sale... PERFECT for my house. I purchase one, wait a few days for delivery and today it is supposed to arrive. I hear the doorbell ring, I get out of my sleep, make my way from the basement to the front door upstairs, and there is a Fedex sticker saying "the package was left at the front door". I look all around my porch, under the chairs, everywhere, and I see nothing. Check my back porch, nothing. I log onto Fedex.com a few hours later to see what the updated tracking info says, and it also says package left at front door. Did the fedex man steal it? I doubt it was my neighbors since it disappeared so quickly

I feel like I've been robbed, and like my hard earned money just went to waste. I'm really beginning to hate ordering online, even if it is cheaper. I can have the product in my hands, if something is wrong I can exchange it right then and there, and I don't have to wait for shipping, and in this case, a invisible package. What should I do? Will Fedex refund me? I thought a signature was usually required...

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

If you ordered with a credit card, you may be able to get them to reverse the charges later if Fedex and the shipper ignore you.

But the credit card companies these days may require you to fill out a police report, something about their scumbag cardholders lying to them. :eek:

3. jng macrumors 65816

jng

sounds kind of sketchy that they just ring the bell and leave a sticker without even waiting 1 minute for you to get there. i'd call fedex first. Then the credit card company. for something like that, i'd expect to have to sign for it.

4. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Actually, you may want to call Woot first, instead of Fedex, since I believe only the shipper, not the shipee, can initiate an investigation into an undelivered package.

5. mpw Guest

Seems straight forward to me; Woot haven't delivered the package, so take it up with them.

6. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

7. mpw Guest

No.

But if I were the sender or the courier I'd have insisted upon it so I could trace it, and my liability for it.

8. Music_Producer macrumors 68000

I agree.. usually merchants are supposed to add signature confirmation for packages more than $250 in value. However, there have been numerous times when I have received packages worth $8000+ .. without any signature required!

The day of the scheduled delivery always leaves me stressed.. and looking out the window every 5 minutes. Annoying :mad:

9. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Hmm I don't know about you but usually when they leave a package at my door, they never leave a note saying they left it there. Only when they have come and no one was able to sign for it, they leave a sticker thingy on the door saying it's available for pickup at the head office, or they'll come back later.... Go read the note again, and make sure it says what you thought it said.

I don't know why they would leave a note that says they've left a package there.

10. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

contract Woot. Chances are they ship you a new one and then take it up with fedex to get the money they loss back.

11. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Companies do not send out duplicate products when you call and say you didn't get it, especially when they say FedEx picked it up and delivered it.

Personally I don't think Woot will be that helpful. Obviously they shipped it and it was in FedEx's hands from there. Fed Ex said they delivered it so Woot probably won't do anything. You are more than likely needing to take this up with FedEx.

What was the duration between your doorbell ringing and you getting out of bed and getting to the door. If it was immediatley than something fishy is going on.

Keep us updated.

jon