I think I have a great app idea, but no means to implement it

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by redfire, Jul 6, 2010.

1. redfire macrumors member

I'm a college student and I believe I have a great idea for a social based game app for the iphone that would utilize GPS, the camera, a real time "game room" for players to play in, relatively simple graphics, an automatic scoring system, and a simple interface. Right now I'm just curious about developing and where to start and what is the SDK like. What I want to know is how difficult it is to make apps?

Also I have a specific question....
    Who hosts games that run over 3G? For example how does the game "Words with Friends" or "Uno" host a playing room for two or more people to play a game together?

In the end this is more or less a pipe dream to make this idea into an app, but is it feasible for a busy college student to find free time to learn and develop an app or is this a full time commitment?

2. DIGITALiam macrumors newbie

Cool idea but that would be very tough to do, even full time. The dev of the app below was an experienced programmer and it took him 6 months to create that app. I just have a tough time seeing it at all feasible for you in your situation to do something like that. Sorry to bring the bad news.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/flower-garden-grow-flowers/id311265471?mt=8