I think I have a problem = HELP / TY

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jedi, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Jedi macrumors regular

Jedi

Hi Guy`s ,

In 2012 I bought one of the first MBP-R`s 15" and although it does show image retention on some occasions , that is not why I am writing or asking for advice.

Sometimes , depending on how hot or warm my MB is , when I go to close it and when it is just about closed it feels and sounds like the lid/screen in binding somewhere.

Everything looks fine but it is like a build up of tolerances when it gets to a certain temp and I go to close it.

Has this ever happened to anyone else ? Could it be the nature of the beast ? ( showing it`s age ? )

I still have AC until Dec. 13th of this year , I just don`t want some gorilla tearing my MBP-R apart for nothing.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Gary 

2. S.L. macrumors regular

S.L.

Is it possible that some component is expanding ever so slightly because of the increase in temperature?

3. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

You still have AppleCare? I highly suggest taking it in before the warranty expires. The folks at the Apple Store are trained to do certain repairs, and if they can't do the repair in house it goes to a repair center.

Additionally, if you get your Mac back in worse condition than you sent it, just point it out and have Apple make it right. They really good about that sort of thing.

4. Jedi thread starter macrumors regular

Jedi

Hi SL & T5BRICK ,

Thanks for your replies , nothing hanging over , nothing plugged in. It is like that piece of plastic on the back/bottom of the screen is expanding ever so slightly that it is causing it to bind.

But if that were the case , then it should have done so since day 1 , polymers do not change there molecular make-up in less than 3 years. Weird , and neither does cast aluminum.

Thanks for the reassurance about the folks at Apple being careful , I mean my MNP-R looks like you just took the plastic off , it is that pristine and on top of that I only have 49 charges on it .

I do use it , but it is my back-up to my main Mac Mini 2010.

It has come in handy living here in NH , like when we have lost power and I have to bug out to a motel room for a couple of days. But still it gets used quite a bit , more than the amount of charges suggest.

I am always anal but any of my gear getting damaged by others that don`t have any vested interest in what they are working on. When they are finished , I still have to live with the end result , I KNOW , I am a PITA ;) but all my gear is like you just took it out of the box.

You should see my Roland Prelude and Fender Amer.Dlx Strat ( still a work in progress / mods ).

I still have a 1997 Yamaha DSP-A1G as my HT amp !!

OK , I bothered you guys enough , but thanks , I guess before Dec. 13th I will be making my way to the Apple Store , well if they do have to change that back piece of plastic , then the screen will have to come off and they might as well put a Samsung in place of the LG that is there now !!

Later :)

Gary 