I think i have a unique iphone 2.0 contact/calendar sync problem....

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by knux11, Jul 16, 2008.

1. knux11 macrumors regular

I tried mobileme, and never got it to work on my iphone, so i canceled my trial account. My itunes still says it is syncing ota with mobileme. I can't log into mobileme anymore, and i unchecked the sync options in mobileme before i canceled. Now i cannot sync calendars or contacts with my phone. I'm using a first gen iphone and macbook, with all updates on both. HELP!!

2. Slip Jigs macrumors 6502a

You have to turn it off in your phone, otherwise iTunes thinks you are using MobileMe when you connect via the cable or dock.

3. knux11 thread starter macrumors regular

that's not it. I don't have a mobileme account on my phone, every time i tried to add it it said i had an invalid username or password, even though i could log onto mobileme from my mac. So i deleted all that information days ago, the only acccount i have on my phone is my gmail/aol hybrid.

4. Slip Jigs macrumors 6502a

I guess you could try unregistering your computer in the MobileMe preferences, resetting the sync data in iTunes, or reinstalling iTunes.

5. knux11 thread starter macrumors regular

I had already done that in mobileme before i canceled the account.

well i ended up doing a total wipe and restore, which didn't help.
    then i did "reset all settings". that worked. So it's resolved now.