I think I have just messed up!

Josephkyles

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
I think I formated the Mac side of my HD! Is this possible? When I hold Option during start up all I get is the windows option! How do I fix this?

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
uhhm, how long are you waiting? sometimes in OSX the windows partition doesn't show up right away, maybe 5 min later it does. also, what happens when you DONT hold option during startup?

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
Josephkyles said:
oh, I can see windows fine. Its Mac OSX I don't see!
i know, i was wondering how long you waited to see if the OSX side would come up, but since it looks like it goes to the windows side even when you dont do anything, i dont know what to tell you:eek:

Josephkyles

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
Yep! I'm sure I screwed up! I'm going to reinstall i guess! Good thing I just made a backup moving from my powerbook to iMac. Although I'll have to redownload A Bugs Life!!

Josephkyles

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
OH MY GOD! I am about to panic! I go to reinstall and thereis no volume to reinstall on!! What do I do?!

OnceUGoMac

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
Josephkyles said:
Help would be MUCH appreciated! :confused:
This isn't tech support. Don't flip out because no one answered your question in 5 minutes. If it's such a huge issue, call Apple.

OnceUGoMac

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
Message sent to my mailbox by the OP

Josephkyles said:
Screw you!
Listen jerk! I am in a bit of a situation, I do not need a twit like you making snide remarks! You have no idea how upset I am right now! Why would you bother leaving such a stupid reply?!

First, I'd like to apologize for leaving a "snide" remark, that wasn't my intention. However, bumping your own thread is frowned upon, especially if only 5 minutes has elapsed. Keep in mind that this is not the Apple Tech Support Forum. That would be here: http://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa . Macrumors is a private community and many users are happy to help. However, by leaving messages such as this in a users mailbox, you hinder your quest. I stand by what I posted previously. If the issue is out of your control, call Apple. Granted, they don't support Windows, but your issue seems to be OS X related. Take care.

Spanky Deluxe

macrumors 601
Mar 17, 2005
London, UK
In the OS X installation, run the disk manager or disk tools whatever its called. I think its in the tools menu. It sounds like when you installed Windows it repartitioned the drive. You need to repartition the hard drive. Select the option for 1 partition. Once done you should be able to install OS X to this new volume and then later use Bootcamp to create the Windows volume.