I think I have simultaneous orders going on??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by usfdrohead, Sep 12, 2014.

1. usfdrohead macrumors newbie

Ok, yes I am impatient, very impatient..

I placed my order on At&t at 3am and it was showing a delivery date of late October/early november. I was pretty irritated so I went on apple and was able to lock in one of the reservations.

Once my reservation was ready I put my info in and did a test checkout with my gfs account to see what the shipping time would be ( I could not use mine because my upgrade was locked in to my AT&T order). I noticed shipping time was MUCH faster so I canceled my pre order on AT&T, went back to apple and processed my reservation order.

Everything on the apple order looks good, I got my confirmation email and even an email of the copy of my new contract. In tandem with all of this it looks like my at&T order is still processing and I even just received a text saying "congrats your order has processed, we will text you when it ships" from at&t.

What is going on here? It looks like my at&t order never canceled? Anyone experience this?

2. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

If it helps, I cancelled my order w\ AT&T ... I have received 17 texts so far today, 10 saying my order was cancelled, 7 saying Congrats your order is processed. LOL. I assure you, they're just a mess.

3. usfdrohead thread starter macrumors newbie

oh no! i figured out whats going on here! i accidentally placed the apple order under my gfs line lol, damn!

when that device arrives can I switch it over to my upgrade?

4. bobright macrumors 601

I did the same thing OP. Call and make sure you have AT&T cancel. I called them twice then placed my order with Apple.

Also be sure to check your text messages to confirm it I just got a text from AT&T saying: Your order has been cancelled. You already upgraded this phone.

Woot now off to get some rest finally. They've been a real headache I tell you.

5. usfdrohead thread starter macrumors newbie

looks like i have a unique situation here, when the phone for her line arrives, can I switch it and make it my upgrade and revert hers?

6. bobright macrumors 601

I don't think so aren't upgrades/phones purchased tied to the numbers? Not positive on it though

7. Payton34 macrumors member

Payton34

As long as both lines are on the same plan you should be fine. It's called a cross upgrade.

8. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Same situation. I cancelled my ATT order and ordered on Apple. I called ATT to verify it was cancelled and they said yes. It still shows my order as processing or whatever on the ATT site. I got a confirmation email from ATT saying it's cancelled. Hopefully it is and it won't screw with my Apple order.