i think i just fried my charger

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by cmkucera, Aug 8, 2009.

1. cmkucera macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

So up to today i've always plugged in my charger, the green light has come on and my macbook charges... today while searching for an outlet that works in my sister's faulty apartment my charger sparked as I tried to plug it into one of the outlets, no green light... I figured the outlet was bad, or blew a fuse or something, so I proceeded to try all the outlets, none would charge my macbook. So using my cell phone charger I found an outlet that would charge my phone, trying to isolate problems... this outlet still did not produce a green light on my charger tho, nor does it charge my macbook...

So here I sit plugged into a wall that is NOT charging the computer, and it's trickling down the battery. Is it likely I fried something inside the charger itself?? And if so is it fixable or would I need a replacement charger at this point?? And the last question is should I be checking anything my macbook for damage??

This sucks - the light should definitely be on and this computer should definitely be taking a charge =(

Thanks for any insight guys, I'm gonna power down to save energy before logging on to check ur responses later - thnx again

2. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

How old is your stuff, is it under warranty? If not the rate per hour to fix a charger, even if it were possible would likely be more expensive then just buying a new charger. As far as you Macbook goes, if everything is working Ok I wouldn't worry about it...