I think i lucked out on my PB battery

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by daneoni, Jul 18, 2008.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

I just realised that my PowerBook battery is actually pretty good and i get 2.5/3hrs on average despite it being almost 4 yrs old (ignore the 24453 thing). Then again i've probably jinxed it now and it'll die within 24 hrs. Bleh.

Attached Files:

2. jshbckr macrumors 6502

Wow! My PowerBook was 2 years old and I only got about 25 minutes on it!

However, I was using it all the time, so it probably got at least a cycle a day. Which would be a lot more than yours has accumulated in 4 years.

3. crobbins macrumors 6502

You've done an excellent job taking care of that battery! I had to replace mine after a year and 5 months in my first MacBook Pro.

4. eidrunner247 macrumors 6502

That's really good - mine just went from 96% to 68% in about a week. less than 100 load cycles too.

5. cMacSW macrumors regular

My MBP Battery went from about 3+ hours to about 2 hrs when I upgraded to 10.5 when it can out. This was also about the time I hit about 200 charge cycles on the battery. The Genius said the battery was just getting near the end of it's life but the new battery I bought to replace it never quite got 3 hours of run time.

6. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

wow thats really good for its age!

and i hope it doesnt die tomorrow lol

7. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

Can a battery die instantaneously despite having a long and healthy life?

8. m85476585 macrumors 65816

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Just like engine sludge can strike anyone at anytime... :p

10. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

Yeah i was also surprised at how good it was, i was expecting it to be at least 50% drained or something but go figure

11. bov macrumors 6502

12. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

Well i bought the laptop used so credit will have to go to the original seller for the most part.

As for me nothing special, one thing i do though is never let the battery run down completely all the time. Sometimes at 25%/35% i'll plug it in. Also i don't use the laptop on battery mode EVERY time i use it, sometimes its always plugged in but at the same time i also make sure i use the battery at least 3/4 times a week to keep the juices flowing

I think the battery is just inherently good.

13. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

wow thats pretty good considering my everyday 12" powerbook will only suffice a 4 minute life on its battery! Thats just enough to run from my bedroom to the other power adaptor in the living room!

I cant really justify buying a new battery now as Ive been used to surviving off the power charger for long enough now. Its like having a desktop you can put to sleep and move around. A sort of portable desktop!