I think I made a mistake

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by cw48494, Jun 25, 2015.

1. cw48494 macrumors regular

cw48494

I love my g5 quad so much that I just purchased a powerbook g4, is something wrong with me?

The good news is it's a 15" dlsd/hr model (a1138) 1.67ghz/2gb etc etc I picked it up for $49.99 with free shipping.

It doesn't come with a battery, hdd or power cable.. but I'll be throwing in a uata to micro sata adapter with an ssd anyway, in which I have a plethora of, so I'll only be spending an extra $20 for the cable/battery.

Funny story, I was actually in a bidding war with somebody on a dlsd/hr 17" model and was dead set that I was going to win it over, even if that meant dropping $400, but I'm a sucker for deals and found this bad boy.

2. bunnspecial macrumors 603

bunnspecial

I think you did alright. The mSATA drive/adapter really perked mine up.

And as for there being something wrong with you, I can pretty safely say that you're more sane than I am :)

For folks who know me and my PPC buying habits, that's probably not a lot of comfort :)

3. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

@cw48494 Yes. There is something wrong with you. You have a serious case of PowerPC Enjoyment. This affects many of us in this community and causes us to purchase more equipment than needed. The most seriously affected is @bunnspecial who has been suffering from this condition since 2012.

In all seriousness, you will love that machine and I think you got a decent deal.

4. cw48494 thread starter macrumors regular

cw48494

I'd really like a g3 clam, but the price on those seem fairly steep right now, hopefully I'll be picking one of those up soon enough.

5. bunnspecial macrumors 603

bunnspecial

I got by with one Mac from April 2012 to April 2014, when I bought my first PPC-an Emac followed by a G5 two days later. I'm at 60+ PPC Macs, and still swear I don't have a problem :) .(I say as I'm off to buy another B&W along with the 21" CRT!)

Funny enough, the day of my first Mac purchase is firmly cemented in my memory. I bought it at the Apple store in Lexington, KY on the day of the 2012 NCAA Men's Final Four. That game was especially significant because the University of Kentucky and the University of Louisville were facing off in that game. UK is located in Lexington, and obviously U of L is in Louisville. I had to show my U of L student ID to get the student discount, and I was afraid I was going to get mugged in the Apple store :) . Fortunately, I did have a UK t-shirt on, so I blended right in otherwise at Fayette Mall and I think the only person who saw my ID was the one who rung me up.

We take basketball seriously here in the Commonwealth :) .