I Think I May Need To Restore

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Majora, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Majora macrumors newbie

Hello. I'm having a problem with my iPhone 4S. Whenever I try to add new music, it gets stuck on "waiting for items to copy" and stays there until I stop it. Nothing gets transferred from iTunes onto my iPhone, which sucks. All the reading I've done on Apple's forums points to a full restore. However, I'm waiting to jailbreak my iPhone on iOS 5.0 because I know the jailbreak under development won't work on 5.0.1.

If I do a full restore, I'll automatically get updated to 5.0.1, right? I know it wasn't possible to save SHSH blobs on 5.0 so there's no way I could go back. Does anyone know of a different technique to fixing this issue? Or will I have to restore?

Thanks everyone.

Edit: When I cancelled it this time, I got this picture:
    [​IMG]

Does that mean it's a problem with my computer?.. That'd be weird, since I just got this MacBook Pro a couple of months ago.

2. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser

I usually drag and drop into iTunes library then drag onto device from there.Is it possible for you to do this? I always manually manage all my music and videos because syncing takes way too long and always messes it up.
    Hope this helps.

3. E4tH macrumors newbie

Yeah it seems iTunes isn't able to recognize your hard drive. Try reinstalling iTunes.