I Think I May Need To Restore

Majora

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2011
Hello. I'm having a problem with my iPhone 4S. Whenever I try to add new music, it gets stuck on "waiting for items to copy" and stays there until I stop it. Nothing gets transferred from iTunes onto my iPhone, which sucks. All the reading I've done on Apple's forums points to a full restore. However, I'm waiting to jailbreak my iPhone on iOS 5.0 because I know the jailbreak under development won't work on 5.0.1.

If I do a full restore, I'll automatically get updated to 5.0.1, right? I know it wasn't possible to save SHSH blobs on 5.0 so there's no way I could go back. Does anyone know of a different technique to fixing this issue? Or will I have to restore?

Thanks everyone.

Edit: When I cancelled it this time, I got this picture:

Does that mean it's a problem with my computer?.. That'd be weird, since I just got this MacBook Pro a couple of months ago.

stormchaser

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2010
UK
I usually drag and drop into iTunes library then drag onto device from there.Is it possible for you to do this? I always manually manage all my music and videos because syncing takes way too long and always messes it up.
Hope this helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.